Page 67 of 109 FirstFirst ... 17576465666768697077 ... LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Clay the motor to check clearance

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    no you wouldn't, you would pay someone else to do it.
    maybe

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    ....and still owe them money !
    and who do i owe money??? please tell me dude

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    maybe

and who do i owe money??? please tell me dude
    U owe me $21 and a set of oem lugnuts lol
    Not that i care but just taking advantage of comedic timing ;-)

Back on topic sorry OP !

take it to PM or you will be banned.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra Dc2
    so far wenever i say to someone im building a b20 up all they say is there so unreliable n it will blow....how many people have had problems with there builds? and is this just a assumption because the motor was never made for vtec?

If you build it properly eg. Apart from decent pistons and rods use 5 cap girdle, decent dampner like fluidamper, balance everything and don't rev past 8,500rpm should be ok.
    All comes down to the quality of the build and not reving it past 8,500rpm.
    2011 W.A Super Sprint Champion Road Reg U2L
    Thanks to my freinds/sponsors Success Legal Lawyers for helping me do enough rounds to win and Zack at Cypher Industries for top class dyno tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideburns1 View Post
    so far wenever i say to someone im building a b20 up all they say is there so unreliable n it will blow....how many people have had problems with there builds? and is this just a assumption because the motor was never made for vtec?
    have you read through this thread yet?

you should. I did. took me a while but answered a lot of questions, like the ones you're asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooker View Post
    If you build it properly eg. Apart from decent pistons and rods use 5 cap girdle, decent dampner like fluidamper, balance everything and don't rev past 8,500rpm should be ok.
    All comes down to the quality of the build and not reving it past 8,500rpm.
    Hey cook, whats this damper your talking about?

Also, for a b20/b16, one would use a b18c timing belt right?
    Cant seem to get mine to tension up well and no i did not mill my head or block..
    22T Water Pump too....

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R

ATI Super Damper standard harmonic balancers are specifically designed for high-rpm engines. Their proven elastomer is designed and tuned to eliminate harmful crankshaft harmonics that cause parasitic horsepower loss. They are actually two dampers in one--a 4 in. diameter inner damper and a 6 3/8 in., 7 in., or 8 in. diameter outer damper in two shells that bolt to the crank hub. These dampers are engineered to all but eliminate worn parts and timing problems. They're tunable in the field, rebuildable, and extremely efficient at all rpm.

do we really need it?
    Last edited by mocchi; 25-03-2011 at 07:55 AM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

It's good insurance.
    2011 W.A Super Sprint Champion Road Reg U2L
    Thanks to my freinds/sponsors Success Legal Lawyers for helping me do enough rounds to win and Zack at Cypher Industries for top class dyno tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerlo View Post
    Hey cook, whats this damper your talking about?

Also, for a b20/b16, one would use a b18c timing belt right?
    Cant seem to get mine to tension up well and no i did not mill my head or block..
    22T Water Pump too....
    my head is milled/block decked and the B18C belt works fine... are you doing it as per the factory manual?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    my head is milled/block decked and the B18C belt works fine... are you doing it as per the factory manual?
    Yup, following Helms... maybe I should try the clothes hanger technique... Also, it may be tight enough, im not sure...

May I ask, is it strange to have a reading of 300psi on all 4 cylinders? I poured oil into the combustion chamber as I heard it would help seal the rings, and cranked the car without plugs for awhile, maybe I poured too much?