Page 68 of 109 FirstFirst ... 18586566676869707178 ... LastLast
    300 is high, but static Comp depends a bit on cam timing...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    300 is high, but static Comp depends a bit on cam timing...
    Im running stock b16a2 cams with stock cam gears so overlap is stock, but compression is 11.5, will there be an issue with detonation?

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    If you're concerned about detonation run a higher octane, or make your own race fuel. It's not hard, just google it.
    We're doing it for the children.

Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    If you're concerned about detonation run a higher octane, or make your own race fuel. It's not hard, just google it.
    no - if you are concerned about detonation, then fix the problem properly...

Lerlo - there is no way we can tell from behind our keyboards if there will be a problem with detonation - SOOOOOO many things can cause it... so you need to prevent it by designing your system properly...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    lol sorry, I was drunk last night.

tinkerbell is right though.

Are you getting a reading of cel 32 or whatever the knock sensor throws out? Or are you just wondering if you may have a problem with detonation in regards to your build?
    We're doing it for the children.

no - if you are concerned about detonation, then fix the problem properly...

Lerlo - there is no way we can tell from behind our keyboards if there will be a problem with detonation - SOOOOOO many things can cause it... so you need to prevent it by designing your system properly...
    Thanks tinkerbell, I got the car started and its idling fine now. No knocking on the PFC commander, all good for now.

Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    lol sorry, I was drunk last night.

tinkerbell is right though.

Are you getting a reading of cel 32 or whatever the knock sensor throws out? Or are you just wondering if you may have a problem with detonation in regards to your build?
    IM just wondering if I may have detonation in regard to my build, yeah. Cos Im using stock cam gears, therefore stock overlap but high compresison pistons....

yes - you will get detonation if your setup is not tuned or poorly designed. it is not simply a matter of overlap vs compression.

who tuned/is tuning your PFC?

what is you 'calculated' compression ratio?

what spark plugs, what fuel system, what ignition system? etc...

all these can play a part in detonation and knock...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    I havent actually read most of the recent comments in this thread, so dont flame me if it's a little off topic, but Im just going to add my 2cents worth anyways... one very important point that it seems most people over look is the fact that a certain static compression ratio can have different detonation characteristics depending on the combustion chamber shape and size, as well as the cam timing which will determine the engines dynamic compression

B20VTEC Build Thread

Quick question, Im using a b16a sump and b16a dipstick on the b20 block, will the dip stick reading be accurate?

why don't you use the B20B dipstick?

won't that be correct?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    why don't you use the B20B dipstick?

won't that be correct?
    He's using a b16 sump which i'm presuming he isnt sure if its the same as b20 or not.