Page 70 of 109 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071727380 ... LastLast
    The Vtec crossover isn't very smooth. What cams u running?
    2011 W.A Super Sprint Champion Road Reg U2L
    Thanks to my freinds/sponsors Success Legal Lawyers for helping me do enough rounds to win and Zack at Cypher Industries for top class dyno tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooker View Post
    The Vtec crossover isn't very smooth. What cams u running?
    Stock b16a2 cams.

curves look good man,

no need to re-torque head studs - unless you failed to do it properly in the first place, then it is time for a new HG...

you need to find out where the oil is coming from - dizzy o-ring or the VTEC port on the back... either two places makes the oil run to the front side of the head...

PCV is covered in previous pages of this thread...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    curves look good man,

no need to re-torque head studs - unless you failed to do it properly in the first place, then it is time for a new HG...

you need to find out where the oil is coming from - dizzy o-ring or the VTEC port on the back... either two places makes the oil run to the front side of the head...

PCV is covered in previous pages of this thread...
    thanks tinkerbell.

Yeah, I checked the area under the dizzy and vtec sol and its definately wetter. Ill change the seals and see how it goes.

Also, I meant, would be be alright to run the oil breather to the intake before the throttle body instead of using a pcv. Could find any info on that..

PCV is already covered, if you don't want to follow that - I cant really help you...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    This.

I admire all the work, but for the $$ it took to build that motor one can dream of the K-swap that could have been done... I think it did a high 12 on the 1/4? Moiz can you confirm?
    13.0 but that was his first time

Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    There was an eg that made 160kw and ran a 11.9 on a stock 84mm bore b20 in comparison, I'll try get my mate who knows the guy to get slips and dyno sheets
    What tyres was he running bro

Quote Originally Posted by 89lude View Post
    one could have done 2 k swaps for what he paid. with oem reliability.
    True that
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    mt full drag radials, might be going down with him and a couple of boys in the comming weeks to wsid, just have to finish off my car

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4 1995
    Hey guys,

I gotta B20B8/B16 build and theres an issue with the vtec..

its not cracking nor is there any grunt..

if you guys have any experience with these setups please let me know...

Cheers,

yeah mate, I got lots of experience with these setups...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    ok, say i want 130kw plus b20vtec

i already have--- b18c7, mugen header, customized mugen twinloop (straight through pretty much) j's racing whale penis, hondata s300, spoon oil sump, hks oil cooler.

what kind of price would i be looking at? could i do it for around $5k using alot of the parts i already have?
    im talking labour and tune included.

i was just planning to go toda b cams valve springs and retainers plus re-tune with my current b18c7, but im still waiting to here back from a workshop and in the meantime i've considered going b20vtec.'

opinions?

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    very possible. but depends on where you want the build done. people charge a lot of labour for a build in a shop , although Charlie at GPC is pretty decent
    charges 800-1k for b20vtec build labour not including installation
    B20 Block is cheap around $300-500 , wreckers will usually just sell you the whole engine
    Bang for buck is RS machine which is basically ITR copies around $350 landed
    Using aftermarket rods is optional as it is still n/a i recommend the stock ones are fine just shotpeen and press them into arp rod bolts $100
    VTEC conversion kit $350
    Bearing Overhaul kit $200 ( highly recommended)
    New Oil pump $120

New tune ~500... calculated total around ~3k .... output power figure
    same setup my cousin produced 133kw atw with toda header, 2.5inch catback with xforce twinloop, Injen CAI, Crome chipped ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    what would i be using off my b18c7? just the head?
    is the spoon sump and cooler compatible?

thanks for the brake down of costs, makes things a little clearer!