Page 13 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363 ... LastLast
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I think $500 is a bit steep, if you look around you can get one for $400 or less

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I think $500 is a bit steep, if you look around you can get one for $400 or less
    where exactly in melbourne can you get a B20B for $400 or less, or did you mean in other parts australia as well?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    All you need to do is find somebody who can get you a trade price, or go looking around at different wreckers to see what you can get - you'd be surprised.

My mate gets B20 blocks (without being cleaned/rebuilt/checked etc.) for around $300-400.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    wreckers here sell long block for 800-1200.
    hondwreck, japwreck, imlachs etc.

can you tell us where in melbourne 300-400 dougie? can you get your mate to get us at that price?

no use saying your mate get it at this price or that price, if other people cant get it at that price.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

regardless of the price of the block, it is only a small portion of the money you need to spend...

so regardless of whether you are 'in teh trade' or have to pay *retail* - you still got much bigger things to worry about than the price you pay for the block...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    true but u can't do much a b20 build without it. lol
    and the money u save on the block will of course go into other parts.
    wreckers i've asked in bris are similar to melb prices. at these prices a b20 vtec is out of the question but for $300-400 i can not only afford it but do it better.
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    So who is currently building or looking at building a B20Vtec and what combo are you using.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    ^ I brought up idiscussion for intake airbox ideas but its gone out the window.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    ^ I brought up idiscussion for intake airbox ideas but its gone out the window.
    To technical dude

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    From what I've heard 3inch velocity stacks works well. I think the intakes like injen or cai would lose power right since it's for top end power but b20 is meant for torque so it's mid range but that's my 2cents

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Care to explain your theory behind such statement Mikey?

I'm seriously interested to hear this one, you say it like you experianced it

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    Sorry what I meant to say is that I believe a Sri would work better for a b20 and builders from h-t told me it's better so I'm just taking their word