Page 16 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718192666 ... LastLast
    isnt it without reson the flow gonna be better?? higher flow means better performance??

Quote Originally Posted by mr_kentu View Post
    isnt it without reson the flow gonna be better??
    please re-phrase your question... you mean the resonator improves flow?

higher flow means better performance??
    yes, higher flow will usually never not be a contributor to better performance...
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 19-01-2010 at 10:51 AM.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    the resonator just reduces the sound. I had the resonator removed from my old 2.25 inch setup it was about the same loudness as a Buddyclub spec 2 catback..ie very f!#$% loud

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5
    hi guys sorry to interrupt but i want some advice on the power output i'd gain from a b18c/b20b with cams and cam gears using the stock b16a2 box.

Quote Originally Posted by anster View Post
    hi guys sorry to interrupt but i want some advice on the power output i'd gain from a b18c/b20b with cams and cam gears using the stock b16a2 box.

hmmm, i'd reckon maybe between 97.2kw and 135.8kw - depending on tyres and camber settings...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    hmmm, i'd reckon maybe between 97.2kw and 135.8kw - depending on tyres and camber settings...
    lol.....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5
    its running on 17 x 7 205's with stock cambers although it seems to look like theres more because of height from coilovers. it will be used with a cai, headers, catback and standalone ecu. just wnatto see what type of power it should produce before any plans really take place.

Quote Originally Posted by anster View Post
    its running on 17 x 7 205's with stock cambers although it seems to look like theres more because of height from coilovers. it will be used with a cai, headers, catback and standalone ecu. just wnatto see what type of power it should produce before any plans really take place.
    well, that extra info means that we could estimate that it might put out between 105 and 115kw depending mostly on what cams, what intake manifold, what exhaust manifold and how it is tuned...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5
    i've got a b16a2 in the eg. so i might run either standard intake manifold or opt to upgrade to either skunk2 or edelbrock and as for headers im running 4-1 xforce and magnaflow exhaust. cai is custom to the foggie. um tyre wise i'vegota set of 16 x 7 which will be used instead of the 17s which are just temporary.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    lol
    anster don't be so concerned about figures. seriously.
    going from stock b16 to b20vtec w/ cams will be a hell of a step up and you're gonna feel it when u put your foot down!
    saying you're gonna do 'cams' and I/H/E leaves the assumptions and estimations pretty open - at least specifying what sort of cams will make a big difference. there's more than one or two options you know?!
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    ^ well said.

so when of any of these built b20s going to do the 1/4 mile and prove some performance figures ?

i would imagine the performance , to be somewhere inbetween a standard b18c7 and a standard k20 (in the same chassis)