Page 21 of 109 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171 ... LastLast
    @chr1s and todaau: what preperations apart from acid washing, apply multi angle valve job, replace valve stem seals and shaving would you need to be done, and what is the ideal PTV clearance on b18c2 head with stock cams.

I know the PTV will also depend on what piston is used however from experience what is safe and ideal?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    what is a PTV by the way?

what headers would you use, B18C or B16A? because i have heard B18C headers dont clear on B16A. so i thought it would be similar for the B20
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

Quote Originally Posted by riruiz_88 View Post
    what headers would you use, B18C or B16A? because i have heard B18C headers dont clear on B16A. so i thought it would be similar for the B20
    maybe you got it backwards... please check your information source.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

and what is the ideal PTV clearance on b18c2 head with stock cams.
    approx. 50 thou
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 10-02-2010 at 08:42 AM.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by riruiz_88 View Post
    what is a PTV by the way?

piston to valve clearance

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    5 thou
    both intake and exhaust cams? this is obviously measured when by locking the vtec in.

Quote Originally Posted by zeni-tani View Post
    both intake and exhaust cams? this is obviously measured when by locking the vtec in.
    0.05 is a rough guide.

if you are a lot (like 0.02) inside this then you should reconsider the parts you are using...

clay it with the cam gears at max and min advance/retard too...

NB - you also should consider rod stretch too...
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 09-02-2010 at 11:38 AM.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

0.05 is a rough guide.

if you are a lot (like 0.02) inside this then you should reconsider the parts you are using...

clay it with the cam gears at max and min advance/retard too...

NB - you also should consider rod stretch too...
    Yes as expected i have done this before but not on a honda. Thats a good starting point, ill add in my notes i just purchased some RS machine pistons for it just going to be a simple build nothing to hectic.

I also never realised having a B18C2 head is a pain the ass to get manifold, i was planning on B16A manifold/OEM type R but stud pattern is diffrent, No i wish not to modify stuff to make it fit so the only choice i have i guess is a skunk or a blox.

you should try it with the dual runner first - it might work well
    B20VTEC - since 2002

you should try it with the dual runner first - it might work well
    The DC2 VTIR manifold?? I dont have a manifold to start with and having to work on 2 DC2 VTIR its a pain in the ass to work with.

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    Standard manifold works well but yeah only problem with b18c head is the lack of manifolds. But they more compression then a b16a head

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    Standard manifold works well but yeah only problem with b18c head is the lack of manifolds. But they more compression then a b16a head
    lol i dont doubt that, however i want to get a manifold where i can get my fat little fingers around! Specially with that pain in the ass rear engine mount. I might end up getting a blox.

i want to know toda au and chr1s input on this too please
    Last edited by zeni-tani; 09-02-2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: adding