Page 49 of 109 FirstFirst ... 39464748495051525999 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewendc2r View Post
    Reason for oversized intake is to compliment intake port flow on higher displacement engines with big cams that need efficient quick intake charge?? Taken, the head is cheaaap.. And was built on a 92mm stroke short engine with slightly bigger capacity.. Which may need slightly larger intake flow capability.. Have to be better than a non cnced b16 head in any case ..
    so you are just guessing? refer back to post #561 - it contains some very crucial advice...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    man people get way to technical , just build your engine dont look to great into this ratio and this ratio, its not a racecar which will see 10,000rpm constantly, build your motor, tune it properly and call it a day.
    well said!

no one is forcing you guys to be reading threads in the "Technical" forum are they? if it is too technical for you , feel free to not reply
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    no one is forcing you guys to be reading threads in the "Technical" forum are they? if it is too technical for you , feel free to not reply
    Well said!

I will read further and respond.. Thanks for being the devils advocate

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    with all whats being said how come no one's brought up the issue of piston throw weight. and at what point of the rev range this begin's to happen? i'm not to sure but around 6k right?

Quote Originally Posted by Touge Tom View Post
    with all whats being said how come no one's brought up the issue of piston throw weight.
    i'd love to know more???
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    i'd love to know more???
    i believe its'the point of mean piston speed when the force of the piston travelling upwards is much greater (X2? or X3?) then the piston travelling downwards.

I've heard something about this .. Never understood it .. But I thought it was more like 9100rpm or something in B18CR... Some honda vdc2r video from Honda Engineers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Tinkerbell, I meant more the retarding and advancing of both cams and their effect on the engine and what is deemed to be found as a "trend" in honda engines, particular B series. Not so much clearances, that's preliminary work.

Tinkerbell one question -- Are you building your new engine, or is a 'builder' doing it for you?

affirmative - I have 'built' the engine myself, i am waiting to place it in my car... it will be installed in the next fortnight (pending arrival of a few parts - dizzy cap, cam bolts and oil cooler parts)...

(check the 'new mods' thread on CITR for some info...)

EDIT - but i could not have done it without the massive support and advice from Adrian (who is a 'builder')... I hope my 'combination' is a successful one...
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 06-07-2010 at 09:43 PM.
    B20VTEC - since 2002