Page 56 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966106 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    i am running 1995cc with stock B20 crank and 84.5mm bore with eagle rods and CP pistons...

that's all you need for 150kW+
    No doubt, but what I was saying was you don't see the japs making 300hp b series firebreathers, well maybe they do and I can't find anything (not that I've tried to be honest) but the yanks are always messing with some stroked big
    sleeved motor

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    No doubt, but what I was saying was you don't see the japs making 300hp b series firebreathers, well maybe they do and I can't find anything (not that I've tried to be honest) but the yanks are always messing with some stroked big sleeved motor
    well, the 'yanks' are all about drag racing, whereas we and the 'japs' are more focused on circuit racing... i think that might assist you in understanding the prevalence of overstroked big sleeved 'firebreathers' in the US of A...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    TB, what are you trying to say mate?

We both know what specification is needed for either motor.

The question was raised about stroker cranks, and in mickeys interest, he wants to go fast, so to go fast, we look at quarter mile numbers, hence the comment of the americans.

Am I still missing something you're trying to imply amigo?

Am I still missing something you're trying to imply amigo?
    hmmm, i am not *implying* anything?

i am clearly and openly stating that overstroked 'firebreathing' yankee engines are only good for drag racing on the 0-400.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

on the *implication* flipside - are you stating that you must have more than 89mm crank to make decent power?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Nah not at all, but I do think that there is more power to be found by running a stroker though, but thats just my opinion

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    tinkerbell if you dont mind, can you post the engines specs you have built and power output+ track, 1/4mile times
    i remember you said you had a stock b20 that ran 13.8 was that in a dc2 shell?

Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    tinkerbell if you dont mind, can you post the engines specs you have built and power output+ track, 1/4mile times
    i remember you said you had a stock b20 that ran 13.8 was that in a dc2 shell?
    nah, with my 1st B20VTEC i ran the 13.7 in a DA6 'shell' - it was stock bottom + ITR cams IM JDM 4-1's VAFC etc... that 'made' 120ish atw...

my last B20VTEC specs include the stock bottom + buddyclub spec 3+ cams & ITR IM & JDM 4-1 with PowerFC - that engine in my VTiR did 1:11's at wakie, 1:23's at Oran and 1:55's at EC - no WSID on that one though... that 'made' 120ish atw

my latest B20VTEC has just been dyno'd - so no track times yet, but will be at WSID soon... then to Wakie to dial in the chassis..
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 06-09-2010 at 10:55 PM.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Nah not at all, but I do think that there is more power to be found by running a stroker though, but thats just my opinion
    what is the most reliable B series stroker kit you have used? the Eagle crank? was it for drags or circuit racing?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Hope to see the beast in action soon TB. We are missing you out there.

As for japs building motors, watch the SS WORKS CRX. Animal of a B series engine!

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Lets not get this 1/4mile shit started. A internally stock b18cr runs mid 13's with basic bolt ons. Unless your "b20" is faster just dont post LOL.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Why not fatboyz? i think 1/4 mile times are quite better than dyno figures.
    Which internally stock b18cr has ran mid 13? with "basic bolt ons" ive seen plenty high 13s with some good drivers out there some in DC2 shell some in EG shell.

So TB are you going to post the power output?