Page 58 of 109 FirstFirst ... 8485556575859606168108 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    My Old EG back in the days with a internally OEM B18cR motor with Intake, headers, exhaust and tune ran 13.6@103mph. This was on road tyres.

Power figures between different dyno's are irrelevant. 120kw from dyno A can mean 140kw at dyno B. The real result is on the circuit and 1/4mile. Track Times do the talking, dyno numbers are just to wank over
    Just to add - I took my old Eg , same internally stock motor and only a jdm 4-1 header , full interior vti and re001s to a 13.7@103mph too.
    Did 116kw atw but that's not relevant.

Point is the b18c r engine is a fantastic package and hard to improve on ( note tune and probable weight reduction do little)

Anyway.... Totally agree 1/4 mile / mph is somewhat of an indication of power and reliability. Factoring gearing and weight too !

anyone else apart from tb and Fatboyz taken a b20 vtec setup down the 1/4 or had some reliable times at the racetrack ?

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    here are a few good places to start playing with ideas:

http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/c...c/compcalc.php

http://www.zealautowerks.com/
    Cheers man. They are awesome sites.

Benson and bennjamin, did you guys both run the ITR gearbox?
    We're doing it for the children.

Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    both may contain inconsistencies - that is why i gave you both, use for 'ballpark' purposes only
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post

Benson and bennjamin, did you guys both run the ITR gearbox?
    I ran the std 4.7 FD 99-00 DC2R gearbox.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    TB when are you planning on taking yours to the 1/4? really looking forward to your build
    Fatboyz, dave has built your customers lots of B20s how many of them taken it to the 1/4 mile?
    Hopefully when i come back overseas end of October (if its not sold by then) ill get time to take it, currently have no licence

JSCC has a lane booked next week - so maybe then?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post

anyone else apart from tb and Fatboyz taken a b20 vtec setup down the 1/4 or had some reliable times at the racetrack ?
    Lets not forget Toda built b18c 2L e240 motor. Not a bad motor. Similar ponies last yr b20vtec we had.

interested thread.
    i ran a 13.6 b20vtec in my eh civic sedan vti model with no weight reduction back in the 03.
    also a b20vtec in my dc2r with no weight reduction did a 1.12 around wakiefield park onthe old track back in the 04.
    currently runnning a 1.8 lsvtec in my dc2r and with no time and testing after a fresh build raced it at the superlap.
    Last edited by jdmTYPE R; 07-09-2010 at 11:33 PM.
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Re-opened. Stern warning, keep the thread ON TOPIC, keep the personal comments and spam out. This is a good thread lets not ruin it!
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Okay here is the situation, ive purchased a B20B8 from wreckers, looking at the PHK markings on it, when we took it home looked at the back of the block
    it says P3F which is the low compression bottom end indication? but everywere else it says PHK on it, can anyone give us any idea on what pistons this block has?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    Okay here is the situation, ive purchased a B20B8 from wreckers, looking at the PHK markings on it, when we took it home looked at the back of the block
    it says P3F which is the low compression bottom end indication? but everywere else it says PHK on it, can anyone give us any idea on what pistons this block has?
    someone correct me if i'm wrong? but arn't all B20B's the low comp (8.5:1, i think?) block's. and the B20Z's the slightly higher comp (10.5:1,?) blocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Touge Tom View Post
    someone correct me if i'm wrong? but arn't all B20B's the low comp (8.5:1, i think?) block's. and the B20Z's the slightly higher comp (10.5:1,?) blocks?
    nah, the pistons designate the compression.

a b20b4 will have low comp p3f & b20b8 will have phk which is slightly less low comp...

never seen a B20Z so cant comment...

all b20b blocks i have seen are marked p3f externally...
    B20VTEC - since 2002