Page 71 of 109 FirstFirst ... 21616869707172737481 ... LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Remember to add the bolt on mods as well

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    will be using basically everything from your B18C7 minus the bare block..

impressions of B18C7 to B20 Block, Power delivery is much greater, straightaway there is a surge of torque, all the way to mid range then vtec comes on and it gets even better revs the same if not faster than a B18C7,
    when camshafts were swapped out to rocket motorsport M22xx, revs were even faster and smoother, excellent upgrade to the ITR Camshafts.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    even crank, rods, pistons??

yeah thats what im craving- more mid-range and just more power in general haha

in comparison, a b18c7 with 130kw would get chopped by a b20vtec with 130kw no worries? i just don't wanna spend all this cash for minimal gains..

benny, (or anyone) do you think mugen headers and mugen twinloop will be good to use with a b20? (keeping in mind the twinloop is now a straight pipe with one reso)
    im guessing the j's racing whale penis will have to go..? (ie- get something better)

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    u mad?. To get the most from a B20 best piping diameter for the exhaust 2.75".
    I made 121kw atw stock b16a head on stock b20b8 block with jun 2.75" catback, Toda headers, stock airbox
    125kw atw with same setup but headers now RMF rep narrow and Injen CAI

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    sorry i should of said complete bottom end. You will obviously use your alternator, belts etc

some people have put in ITR crank but from what i have seen they dont really last very long.
    It just makes more sense to use the 89mm crank vs 87mm itr crank. You will be sacrificing low end torque and hp
    the ITR pistons are 81mm vs the 84mm b20

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    u mad?. To get the most from a B20 best piping diameter for the exhaust 2.75".
    I made 121kw atw stock b16a head on stock b20b8 block with jun 2.75" catback, Toda headers, stock airbox
    125kw atw with same setup but headers now RMF rep narrow and Injen CAI
    when you say 2.75", you talking about the collector size?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

he is talking rubbish really...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    he is talking rubbish really...
    LOL... care to explain more?

Anyways like i said before, you will need to weigh up all the option. Doing a B20vtec bottom end is one thing, have the right supporting bolt-ons is another. It can be a very costly exercise

2.75in is not required to make 130kw...

wouldn't you agree?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    tinkerbell - it has been proven time and time again, bigger is better, for a bigger motor. Sure you can make 130kw with 2.5inch but im willing to bet anything you will have more power everywhere with 2.75inch. dont give me all this bullcrap on backpressure, there are people running 3 inch in the states for their b18c/b20 builds making exellent power. Australia is just too stupid to keep up with the times

To get the most from a B20 best piping diameter for the exhaust 2.75".
    there are people running 3 inch in the states for their b18c/b20 builds making exellent power.
    um, so which is the best? you seem to be in two minds?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    even crank, rods, pistons??

yeah thats what im craving- more mid-range and just more power in general haha

in comparison, a b18c7 with 130kw would get chopped by a b20vtec with 130kw no worries? i just don't wanna spend all this cash for minimal gains..

benny, (or anyone) do you think mugen headers and mugen twinloop will be good to use with a b20? (keeping in mind the twinloop is now a straight pipe with one reso)
    im guessing the j's racing whale penis will have to go..? (ie- get something better)

If you have both b18c and b20 making 130kw atw yes the b20 will just beat it slightly. Now give that b18c say a close gear set, say goodbye to the b20.

2.5' exhaust is more then sufficient for B20 setup. Mugen headers will work as well.