Page 8 of 109 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    ive got two weeks left .. gonna take it the 1/4... hopefully get into something turbo afterwards

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I was a whisker away from losing mine.

I now know I don't EVER want to lose it.

Must....drive.....the......speed.......limit.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    No one has stated what a typical B20 + vtec + running gear + tuneable ecu + ecu is costing....anyone care to work it out roughly ?
    Ok, real rough here and don't quote figures as it depends on the individual scenario, currency rate, etc.

This is what I would recommend, given the AGE of B series motors now, people need to realise that while the engine is out, it is worth the extra dollars to have it rebuilt. This will avoid possible problems down the track which may cost you more. I don't see the point in purchasing a motor more than 10 years old now and expecting it to have the performance it should. I'm sure some can agree.

Scenario #1 - Currently equiped with a B16/18 VTEC with standard head internals

- B20 block
    - Labour to assemble
    - VTEC conversion
    - RS Pistons w/ rings
    - ACL race bearings
    - ARP rod bolts
    - Gasket kit
    - Headers
    - Intake work
    - ECU
    - Tune
    - Machining work inc. servicing of head (seals, seats etc)
    - Fluids
    - etc

The above can probably be done PROPERLY for a budget of around 4-5k.

Keep in mind, even though thats standard cams, this will net you power around 125kw+ with potential to hit 150+ with the right headwork. Perfect ring seal and performance of a new motor.

I think the above build is the best for most people on here to get them going as they can't afford to get everything in one go, it's not needed to get the cams, springs, etc all in the one go anyway.

The price might scare a fair few people on here away but keep in mind, each builder will quote a different price, but be sure you speak with that person in depth as each builder will do something the other won't. I know for fact I don't disclose what I do to my builds online. I just can't get my head around why people are willing to pay 5-6k for a second hand Type R motor when this will provide much better gains.

Scenario #2 - No VTEC engine

Well same engine setup as above, just the consumer needs to source a B16 halfcut or whatever is cheaper, pointless trying to get a budget for this as these prices fluctuate everyday and it depends where you get it from.

I personally would invest slightly more money and get a fun setup going that would be similiar to a K20. (edit: K20 and their F'n gearboxes of god )
    Last edited by Chr1s; 11-01-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    - B20 block
    - Labour to assemble
    - VTEC conversion
    - RS Pistons w/ rings
    - ACL race bearings
    - ARP rod bolts
    - Gasket kit
    - Headers
    - Intake work
    - ECU
    - Tune
    - Machining work inc. servicing of head (seals, seats etc)
    - Fluids
    - etc

The above can probably be done PROPERLY for a budget of around 3-4k.

can you break this down to individual prices

i've been planning some work on my b18c7 and compared to items i've purchsed and quotes i've had on work this seems very cheap

my bottom and upper VRS kits cost 500+ alone
    R.F.F.R

that list hits ~4000 before any labour/block work/head work is factored in...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    I can't break it down individually as it depends on the time of item arrival. I am not a retail shop that can just list a product at x amount, until I have a certain amount of stock to classify my products into fixed prices, it's impossible.

If you want a quote, PM me and we'll take it from there.

Guys & admins, this thread is turning into abit of a quote/marketing saga, I must state my intentions with this thread being technical and theories for some future builds, if you guys want prices or are interested in builds, drop some of the guys in this thread a PM.

My bad, it was meant to be 4-5k!

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    I must state my intentions with this thread being technical and theories for some future builds,
    what style header is best for a std compression (10:1) B20VTEC with ITR cams?

My bad, it was meant to be 4-5k!
    and for the headstuds? you re-use the VTEC ones?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    what style header is best for a std compression (10:1) B20VTEC with ITR cams?

and for the headstuds? you re-use the VTEC ones?
    - I would opt for a 4-2-1 larger tube item, this leaves headroom for more work down the track, I am working on a new design to suit B20VTEC engines. Mathematically calculated using various formulae in accordance to fluid/thermal dynamic principles. Utilising a reverse megaphone also.

- If I must, I re-use headstuds, havn't had an issue yet, if the budget allows, I would use ARP items. For the record I would personally use ARP items.

Account Disabled Array
    I would use the small tube 4-2-1 TRI- Y over the big tubes for a standardish motor build

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    Some one asked previously.. dont think it was clearly answered.. whats a V1 build and a V2 build?
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

it is proprietary jargon... it is not common parlance to refer to B20's as V1 or V2...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5
    whats the difference between a 125kw B20 and a 150+kw B20.

Besides money spent, what is the difference in parts combination?