Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ... 39798687888990919299 ... LastLast
Results 1,057 to 1,068 of 1300
    Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    and whats those particles in the paste on top of the pistons?
    and again just motor oil when fitting the pistons nothing else, kept it very clean while assembling

Quote Originally Posted by SLOBRO View Post
    and again just motor oil when fitting the pistons nothing else, kept it very clean while assembling
    cool, good work - cleanliness is key to a bottom end that doesn't smoke
    B20VTEC - since 2002

just looks dat way in the pic
    yeah, thought so...

BTW - whens it going to be kicked in the guts?
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    atomic batteries to power

turbine to speed

ready to start up

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    see how this looks? lower sleeve looks looks wider than upper sleeve edge?

Attachment 22113

hard to tell whether it is equal on both sides without using a caliper to measure
    that looks very nice was it sleeved??

here a lil better pic

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    yeah, thought so...

BTW - whens it going to be kicked in the guts?
    i have already started the car a couple of times once a week atleast till i get it tuned and driven it up and down my street OMG soo much better than my b18c2

no, not sleeved, no need as only pushing 160kW

yours looks fine, if it was bored by a proper machinist, it should be fine...

what is the P2W clearance? bearings clearance?

FWIW - i started mine, got it up to temp, checked for leaks and shut it down, then i drove it 50m up the driveway to a tow truck and had it run in on the dyno... seating the rings under load is crucial to longevity...

as long as you don't beat on it with unknown fueling, it is OK, but you don't want to risk it IMO... run it in on a dyno and she'll be apples
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    no, not sleeved, no need as only pushing 160kW

yours looks fine, if it was bored by a proper machinist, it should be fine...

what is the P2W clearance? bearings clearance?

FWIW - i started mine, got it up to temp, checked for leaks and shut it down, then i drove it 50m up the driveway to a tow truck and had it run in on the dyno... seating the rings under load is crucial to longevity...

as long as you don't beat on it with unknown fueling, it is OK, but you don't want to risk it IMO... run it in on a dyno and she'll be apples
    can i ask who you sent it to get it tuned and how much with breaking in the motor? the clearences i have them on some paper sumwhere in the garage lol

Account Disabled Array
    can i ask who you sent it to get it tuned and how much with breaking in the motor? the clearences i have them on some paper sumwhere in the garage lol
    I would like to know who offered you this service too.

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    ive called a couple of place some places from 1100 dats just the first tune breake in extra 300 and some places 500 lol

dyno break in is 400ish plus full tune around 750 (plus 40l of petrol), so 1.2k minimum is a good ball park (i am a regular customer of his...)

takes a whole day (at least) of effort by the tuner... anything less and you know it is not going to be done right...

Toda Racing Australia did mine, very very happy...

but when fully building an engine, you have to realise you have to pay for a tune to match your ECU to the engine combination that you have "created"

people who think they can run a 'base-map' and pray for the best are way behind the eight ball...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Account Disabled Array
    dyno break in is 400ish plus full tune around 750 (plus 40l of petrol), so 1.2k minimum is a good ball park (i am a regular customer of his...)

takes a whole day (at least) of effort by the tuner... anything less and you know it is not going to be done right...

Toda Racing Australia did mine, very very happy...

but when fully building an engine, you have to realise you have to pay for a tune to match your ECU to the engine combination that you have "created"

people who think they can run a 'base-map' and pray for the best are way behind the eight ball...
    can you please clear your inbox.