Page 90 of 109 FirstFirst ... 408087888990919293100 ... LastLast
Results 1,069 to 1,080 of 1300
    lol, too many lowballers after exhausts... cleared...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    lol, too many lowballers after exhausts... cleared...
    B20Vtec Integra makes it to the track for some running in laps, at long last
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiYTRDIkd4o&feature=plcp

wheres the best place to get a b20/b16 done for your civic and wats the averge price for a b20.b16 built for power and reliability

Member Array
    Car:
    Laser,B16EF,DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by illchay View Post
    wheres the best place to get a b20/b16 done for your civic and wats the averge price for a b20.b16 built for power and reliability
    do you atleast have a B series? if you do what bolt ons and etc do u have?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by illchay View Post
    Hmmm perhaps Im not the one to ask lol as my b20Vtec built to last I hope and to race cost me the price of a new civic. So I think start with a budget and shop around for the block and head. Those alone will set you back around $1500 to $2000 in reasonable condition. Decide for what purpose you intend to use it ! Street, track, drag and that will determine much of what you will need to spend.Get it right and you will be rewarded with a sweet strong powerful engine. Take your time ask a lot of questions learn and read as much as you can. There is a lot of good advice from a few guys on this forum who have proven results. They are very informative and a good place to start. We all want you to avoid the traps and we would all like to see your project be a success.
    Cheers Gary
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hwnK...&feature=g-upl
    Last edited by gbpracing; 05-10-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9-N/A DC2-S/C
    yeah. my story begins when my b18a in my DA9 failed one day. i had a b20b dropped in for $1200, at parts plus in camilla/rosehill. then a year later i bought a b16a from the same place for $1200. and had it dropped off at good performance. since i wanted more compression the mechanic there had a b18c head. so we swapped heads and coincidently he needed a b16a head for another swap he was doing & block. so he knocked the price of the build down. from memory i think i only paid $1000 including the golden eagle b20b vtec kit. the only additional cost was the $700 i paid for the head work and brass valve guide's. which was done at another shop 'round the corner from them.

so total $2900, cos i had already dropped b20b in my DA9. but including it $4100.

but since then iv'e spent more on all the other gear such as intake & exhaust manifold's, clutch & flywheel, 4.4 R/box, forged pistons(13.5:1) and rod's. R/crank. .50 over bore and girdle, cams and valve train. EK cat back system & VAFC2.

and in the last 7 years iv'e never had a problem with it.
    Last edited by Touge Tom; 11-07-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: additional info
    touge is my style, F@CK your style!

yea i got a ek4 b16a2 and i only got a whale penis on it which does nothing at all ahah

thanks man that will get me rolling now

i wanna do frankstien so bad my civic is such a nugget

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Must be school holidays....

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    ^^ kekekeke
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

my housemate has a 88 ef7 with b20vtec swap. it was built by dyno dave about 6 years ago, still going strong.

although he finaly stripped a rocker adjuster nut and is struggling to find another,

he also has a full turbo kit sitting ther ready to fit up once its running again.

should be a wild ride once it hits the street again.