Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 JAZZ VTI - S Auto

Tyre Recommendations

Good Afternoon,

I have done a lot of specific searching on here regarding tyres and found some information but not a lot.

We have a Jazz 07 VTI-S Auto. As the topic goes we are in the need for new tyres.

This is an everyday car and gets used for free-way and town driving. I am not interested in cheap tyres but neither do I need tyres that are expensive track tyres. I need a good all round tyre with reasonable life and performance on day to day roads in wet and dry conditions.

Current tyres are Bridgestone Potenza ROE40 E040DZ 185/55 R15 which have about 5 mm of tread left. I think they are original, they have done 55,000km.

I am also after recommendations on where to get them. Good customer service is important to me. We are located in Western Sydney Penrith.

Thank you for your assistance.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    Bridgestone RE001 205/50/15 or 195/50/15 which is slightly smaller but the tires are alot cheaper. I have 205/50/15 on my car and performance wise is good in both wet and dry.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 JAZZ VTI - S Auto
    Thanks for the reply.

So when you mean smaller tyre, do you mean less tread contact on the road or a smaller profile or a bit of both?

There are no other side effects from running the slightly smaller tyres?

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    best to go for 195/50 R15

185/55 R15 OE tyres cost a fortune, a fren with a Jazz went thru the same and ended up replacing with the better 195/50 R15 RE001

Bridgestone Select stores usually pretty good with customer service, check btc.net.au website to find out your nearest store.

blobjane has this

not a bad offer i must say.
    simple - I sell wheels clicly

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '10 Jazz
    I have a set of Michelin XM1+'s on. Very quiet, reasonable amount of grip in the wet. On the edge they still give a lot of control, a lot more than the original Yokohama tyres.
    On the other car the Michelins have lasted 50'000kms, plenty of tread left, so i'm expected these to last for a long while yet.

Got mine for $120 a corner fitted and balanced.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 JAZZ VTI - S Auto
    Sorry we went on Holidays for 4 weeks so the tyres have lasted longer than thought. I am now looking around, anyone know of any deals going on now?

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Bob Jane has Kumho KU31 on special for $99 each for 195/50R15 till end of April, or around the same price as the bob jane xenon tyre in that size.

I need a new set of tyres soon, and as much I liked the Re001 they are not on special and around $140 each so I'm opting for the KU31 this time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 2 CRX; DC2R
    Option1garage.com.au has KU31's 195/55/15 for $85 each. Check'em out.

RE001's are about $140 anywhere you go in that size.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 JAZZ VTI - S Auto
    What is the difference in the Kumho KU31 and the RE001's?

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by EG30 View Post
    Bob Jane has Kumho KU31 on special for $99 each for 195/50R15 till end of April, or around the same price as the bob jane xenon tyre in that size.

I need a new set of tyres soon, and as much I liked the Re001 they are not on special and around $140 each so I'm opting for the KU31 this time.
    i recently got my re001 195/55 for 130 each fitted

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre