Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic

So someone bumped mah bumper.

The reason I only bought a basic station run car, became a reality today Damn you Murphy's law! Not even 2 months after buying the car.

So my front bumper has been bumped in the carpark, the number plate was bent a bit and my cheapo number plate surround is cracked. The bumper seems to sit about 5-8mm back from the lights now (which are fine) Everything looks fine... the bumper is just sagging and not aligned with the lights anymore. The grill seems to have slightly popped out of the bumper mould too on the left side. Its not warped/damaged but is now a bit looser than it was. Must have only been a light/slow bump as someone reversed in and failed.

Is there a DIY on removing the bumper, and putting it back on, along with aligning it correctly. Can I get it back to how it was originally without much effort? Sure my car has its marks but... saggy bumper is saggy

I honestly wouldn't have noticed, nor would the person that did it, had I not decided to pop the bonnet this arvo.
    Last edited by tsg88; 12-01-2010 at 03:32 AM.
    broom broom

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    for your ek it's pretty simple

there's about 6 clips which hold your grille on, remove those
    there's another 2 clips which hold the bumper on around the grille, remove those
    there should be about 2-3 screws which hold the bottom of the bumper on to the chassis, remove those
    and around the wheel arches just behind the lights, there should be a screw on each side, remove those

after all that it should just lift off

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    Yeah its an EK, sounds easy enough, I quickly tried last night, but the bolts under the bumper are F'd one has no head left to grip and the other is missing completely. I tried to pry the grill off gently... but it appeared to be screwed inside the bumper? How is this possible?
    broom broom