Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Considering buying a 2nd hand Jazz - advice?

I am ready to buy a 2nd hand car for the school and kinder runs and am considering the Jazz. It will be an auto but other than that no other requirements.

How does the 1.3 measure up against the 1.5?

Wondering whether there is anything I should be looking out for when buying?

Any other tips?

Thanks
    Fiona

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    Without needing to win any races I would suggest you buy the 1.5ltr for that extra bit of power for day to day driving.

From my personal experience only, the 1.3ltr tends to really struggle once you have luggage or a few people in the car.

Considering that the price difference between the two, especially on the second hand market, isn't high definitely get the 1.5 if your budget stretches that far.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    where are you located?manual or auto?

pick 1.5 if you can.

Located in Melbourne and was looking for an auto with at the most 60,000kms and full service history.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 06 Vti
    I have just bought a 2006 1.5 manual and it sure struggles with the aircon on up steep hills especially with a few people in.

I would hate to think what a 1.3 is like although the CVT may ensure revs keep in the power band of 2500RPM plus.

And of course not as many steep hills in Melbourne as Central Coast NSW.

Regards Philip A

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    make sure the CVT transmission is ok before purchasing, known issue with vibrations and potential start clutch (if it has CVT)
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Ive got an 06 VTI ( 1.5 ) CVT and it goes quite well loaded up with the air on. No Top Fueler off the mark, but once underway no problems, even up steepish hills.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    im looking for a 2nd hand jazz too.

from what i have read...i think 1.5 is the go. Fiona, have u read the complaints thread about the jazz? its a total turn off but good to know.

read the post about the safety of the jazz...not good for really young kids in the bak seat...unless i have read that wrong.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11729

'The 3yo child dummy in the rear seat experienced a much higher chest deceleration than is typical in this type of test. This suggests an increased risk of injury and it might result from a relatively stiff vehicle body.'

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    the older models go for 1.5 but the newer models 1.3 (GE08) have more power
    & are a lot cheaper.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    the older models go for 1.5 but the newer models 1.3 (GE08) have more power
    & are a lot cheaper.
    Bear in mind that the newer ones have a 5 speed where the older ones have a CVT.

If you can afford one of the current model ones, get a 1.3 if you only want it for short runs around town. I test drove one blind (they told me it was a 1.5) and found it OK with two people in it.

I ended up paying the extra for the 1.5, but this is my primary car and I do motorway trips as well.

If you get an older CVT model, definitely go for the 1.5.