Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2012EuroLux Nav
    Thanks for all your replies.
    I have changed the air filter but I am reasonably sure the fuel filter has only been done once in the 153,000k's. I looked in the book on how to change fuel filter but it doesn't even say where it is, so I gave up on that.
    No misfiring or anything like that.
    Also anybody know how much a new O2 sensor is ???

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The fuel filter is in the boot under the carpet just behind the rear seats.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    5.2/100km. holla. haha.
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Doubt you'll see fault codes on this, but the primary O2 sensor can read a false lean condition, causing the injectors to put in more fuel to protect the engine. So change that or test that with a known working unit first.
    I rekon aaronng is onto it here.

The best way i would say is to get your car on a dyno, light, half & full load ect to determine if the car is running rich.

They will place a sensor at the exhaust to confirm. Then, it's a matter of trial and error

Quote Originally Posted by falco View Post
    Thanks for all your replies.
    I have changed the air filter but I am reasonably sure the fuel filter has only been done once in the 153,000k's. I looked in the book on how to change fuel filter but it doesn't even say where it is, so I gave up on that.
    No misfiring or anything like that.
    Also anybody know how much a new O2 sensor is ???
    Silly question, but what fuel do you normally used? The Euro is specced for premium (95 octane and above). I know of people who put in the normal 91 octane and actually suffer from poor fuel economy, compounded with the fact that more and more stations now stock only the ethanol blended (E10) unleaded.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2004 Model
    Quote Originally Posted by chrome View Post
    Silly question, but what fuel do you normally used? The Euro is specced for premium (95 octane and above). I know of people who put in the normal 91 octane and actually suffer from poor fuel economy, compounded with the fact that more and more stations now stock only the ethanol blended (E10) unleaded.
    this is true, the E10 provides similar performance to the premium octane fuels but has the fuel economy of regular unleaded.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    10.8L per 100Ks for me - normal driving condition i.e. mixture of FWY and suburbia roads. Auto with 18 inch wheels. I guess more traction on the road = less fuel economy!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    i wouldnt think 18's would make that much of a difference on your euro??

ive been doing mostly suburb driving and i have been getting 6.1/100kms. im running 18x8's and 18x9's. but i spose honda claim 4.something/100kms for my car stock so...

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    i'm saying 02 sensor playing up.. it could be clogged and getting a bad reading, which in turn is over-fueling the engine..

Pretty much 100% back aaronng on this one,

I had the same issue with my Subaru a while back..

Quote Originally Posted by threesix View Post
    i wouldnt think 18's would make that much of a difference on your euro??

ive been doing mostly suburb driving and i have been getting 6.1/100kms. im running 18x8's and 18x9's. but i spose honda claim 4.something/100kms for my car stock so...
    6.1 L / 100km is outstanding for suburban driving! If you get that sort of mileage driving around the city, you will get close to 1000km per full tank. Even a diesel Golf will struggle to beat that.

4.something / 100kms will be well within Prius economy territory. I don't think the Euro was ever specced for that level of economy, more like 9-10L / 100kms IIRC.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    hybrid cars FTW! lol

im mega happy with my civic.

and to think i almost bought an XR6T....

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by xxb4xx View Post
    i'm saying 02 sensor playing up.. it could be clogged and getting a bad reading, which in turn is over-fueling the engine..

Pretty much 100% back aaronng on this one,

I had the same issue with my Subaru a while back..
    I agree.This would be the 1st.thing id check.