Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by kraiye View Post
    wow! j swap teg... gonna be a real weapon!

welcome aboard. good luck with the build and definitely look forward to following it.

one question... why do you prefer RHD? i thought being used to LHD vehicles you would naturally prefer them
    Yea tell me about it haha. The shop and I are still working on it since Apr 09'.

TYVM for the welcome. This is the shop owner's first attempt at this so we're going to need all the luck we can get lol.

It might not make a big difference, but I prefer RHD over LHD because it's different than the usual, everyday LHD here in NY. It would also make my daily driving a bit more exciting, if only for a few months then I probably wouldn't make a difference to me anymore.

Over here, Honda's all look the same and I hate that because it makes it boring to have a Honda. So that conversion would be something to consider where I come from. Only problem is.... THIEVES. Not even a garage can keep our cars safe. So it's rare to see a RHD car and a JDM front as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Thieves are a problem everywhere you go, although it sounds like quite the problem where you are. Get a mean-muther rottweiler.

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    Welcome to ozhonda. I heard about NY thieves it's bad here in aus but not as much but ye you guys have cheap parts

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Thieves are a problem everywhere you go, although it sounds like quite the problem where you are. Get a mean-muther rottweiler.
    lol down here, they would shoot the dog with a silencer and take the car.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    Welcome to ozhonda. I heard about NY thieves it's bad here in aus but not as much but ye you guys have cheap parts
    Thanks for the welcome! True story thieves are everywhere, but when I say it is bad out here, it really, really is. You can't even make friends with honda ppl down here without them taking your car! How messed up is that? Instead of everyone sharing their passion for Hondas, they compete against eachother by stealing here. Whatever though, you live and you learn. New York is definitely not the place where dreams are made of lol.

Thanks for telling me that. Now I actually have a good reason to like living here: cheaper parts Who would've thought???

Well guys, just so yall know, I got to stop by the shop one of these days to take better pics of how the jswap currently looks and then hopefully in a few days I'll post a build thread of it. Thanks again all for the warm welcome
    (^-^)v PEACE!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Welcome Hemi.
    I would have never considered our car scene to be much good, especially compared to yours.
    Parts are more expensive here in part due to our relative isolation from the rest of the world. Also not as many people modify Honda's here so prices are big for quality parts.

Funnily enough it's cheaper to buy from the USA and have it shipped out here almost all of the time. It all depends on which economy you want to support.

wow! j swap teg... gonna be a real weapon!

welcome aboard. good luck with the build and definitely look forward to following it.

one question... why do you prefer RHD? i thought being used to LHD vehicles you would naturally prefer them
    'cos it's leet JDM.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    pretty sure i seen your car on youtube with a J series engine

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 with B18c2
    welcome man .. yeh theres too many of us Boricuas in NY .. cant trust them cholo LK's ..they would steal anythin ...
    DA9 B18c2
    http://www.facebook.com/RisingSunBaseJumping
    Base Jumping & Wingsuit Flying is my LIFE

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_EG4 View Post
    Welcome Hemi.
    I would have never considered our car scene to be much good, especially compared to yours.
    Parts are more expensive here in part due to our relative isolation from the rest of the world. Also not as many people modify Honda's here so prices are big for quality parts.

Funnily enough it's cheaper to buy from the USA and have it shipped out here almost all of the time. It all depends on which economy you want to support.
    Thanks for the welcome and when you put it that way, it makes sense why it's expensive over by you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by burak213 View Post
    pretty sure i seen your car on youtube with a J series engine
    haha, sorry to burst your bubble, but I haven't posted a video of my J-DC2 yet. But I have posted one or two of my DB8.

Quote Originally Posted by Latino CRX View Post
    welcome man .. yeh theres too many of us Boricuas in NY .. cant trust them cholo LK's ..they would steal anythin ...
    Gracias pana. To be honest, most thieves are latinos but not all are Boricuas. There are the Salvi's, Dominicans and just a mix of thieves. I'm latino myself and it sucks that they make the rest of us look bad. Karma's a bitch though, believe that

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Welcome to Ozhonda

I was in NYC/Manhattan all last wk.. frackin COLD AS FCUK lol... loved it!
    You guys seem to love your DB8s over there, i saw a lot around.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 with B18c2
    Quote Originally Posted by JSeriesDC2 View Post
    Gracias pana. To be honest, most thieves are latinos but not all are Boricuas. There are the Salvi's, Dominicans and just a mix of thieves. I'm latino myself and it sucks that they make the rest of us look bad. Karma's a bitch though, believe that
    si mon that tru .. enjoy ya stay hermano get some flikas up wen ya can ..

cuidate
    DA9 B18c2
    http://www.facebook.com/RisingSunBaseJumping
    Base Jumping & Wingsuit Flying is my LIFE

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    yay! u guys can help me with my espanol
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball View Post
    Welcome to Ozhonda

I was in NYC/Manhattan all last wk.. frackin COLD AS FCUK lol... loved it!
    You guys seem to love your DB8s over there, i saw a lot around.
    OMG is it ever but I like the cold rather than hot. The funny thing is I was born in summer!! Go figure ey lol.

As for the DB8s, I feel like nobody was rocking them when I had mine... yet as soon as I sold mine, ppl were crazy looking to buy them. F-ing ppl here man, they always trying to cop everyone elses style. I feel the DB's drive better than DC's.... but that's just me.

Anyways, thanks for the welcome and good to see you enjoyed your stay

Quote Originally Posted by Latino CRX View Post
    si mon that tru .. enjoy ya stay hermano get some flikas up wen ya can ..

cuidate
    Thanks chamo, so far I'm enjoying. And you know damn well as soon as my car up and running,(whenever that will be) it's going to be a camera whore lol. Igualmente cuidate!

yay! u guys can help me with my espanol
    Haha, sure I don't see why not. You can begin by putting an accent over the word "espaņol" lol. Good try though.