Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t200 View Post
    To Stainmaster, how about next time your going around a corner quickly in an S2000, lift off and slam the brakes down like someone's cut you off.... does it feel "fully hektic" or does it scare the shit out of you.....
    I do on the track but not on the road.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I can see what t200 is referring to - there are plenty of sh^thead drivers in Canberra. It's quite incredible the number of incidents that occur for a town of only 300-odd thousand. The design of the roads around most of the roundabouts there doesn't help either - one lane into the roundabout becomes two on the roundabout, before merging back into one within 30m of exiting the roundabout. This forces a lot of contention and in some cases, competition. Some drivers don't even care that there are two lanes on the roundabout and go straight through as if there was only one! And considering how many roundabouts there are in Canberra, few people seem to know how to use them. And they're just some incidents you'll find near roundabouts; there are plenty of other stupid driving incidents I've seen in Canberra (like people regularly driving into a pond or lake the moment a spot of rain appears) but I'll leave them for another day.

I have to say, most of the worst driving I have seen in Australia, has been in Canberra.

Having said all this, t200, it's not a difficult car to drive, but you just need to exercise some restraint and control driving the S2000, if you decide to purchase one. It's a great car - a true driver's car - but you can't go wrong with a DC2R either.

To Stainmaster, how about next time your going around a corner quickly in an S2000, lift off and slam the brakes down like someone's cut you off.... does it feel "fully hektic" or does it scare the shit out of you......
    try that in any car, and not specifically the S2000, and im sure general physics will tell u the same story

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic

Hussler, yes, I agree that Canberra's peak times do not have as many people on the roads than Sydney, but this means there are more opportunities to drive faster and not crawl along..... When I had my accident, I guess you could say I got more paranoid on the roads. Next time your in Canberra, try driving through the main roundabout in front of the war memorial at 8:30am.....all 3 entrances (its one of those weird roundabouts adjoining one of the main roads to the city)leading to the roundabout are at 80km/h and when someone is'nt paying attention, it's the person in the roundabout who get's it.
    True.

The large 'roundabout' at the end of Northbourne ave (heading south near Mooseheads) is alittle scarey for beginners also.

I guess it comes down to confidence.

As I said in my previous post, two of my close mates have just upgraded to S2000s; best car they've had. Only two things that I can see/ hear them talkin about being -ve is lack of space (eg. NO glove box!?!) and also fear of some f*ckwit damaging the roof.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Latino CRX View Post
    s2k .. RWD Vtec wat more can u want
    I'd prefer a FWD that will out corner a s2k any day.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Type R
    i agree with jords.if you want a track day weapon, type r all the way , s2000 parts too expensive , id expect higher running cost , parts would be harder to get , although factory parts for type r can be painful, aluminium bends more than steel , s2000 cruise car on a hot day with a picnic hamper in the boot.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    since when did a DC2R out handle a S2K. Mod for mod, i don't think so.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    ^ I'm thinking the exact same thing Jap. It's almost like saying CRXs are better than NSXs...

But it's true - if you want a cheaper car to maintain and modify, or if it's too close to your financial limit, get the DC2R.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    I love both cars. Def agree that a well presented DC2R would be cheaper to maintain and modify. But like the early model S, most need alot of attention in the service and maintenance department.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Not a massive Honda expert but it sounds like the thread starter is a douche who doesn't know how to drive.

Try driving a Jeep Wrangler on mud terrain tyres in the wet and enjoy the short wheelbase/rwd. That is fun times in roundabouts.

All cars take some time to learn to drive properly. If the car was unsafe it would not be on the road!!

BTW I'd have the S2K in a heartbeat after the way I saw one driven on Dandy rd.

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi
    Your tripping if you think your going to get any decent DC2R for sub 15k. I wouldn't let mine go for anything sub 20k. Not that I want to sell.

There are plenty of kids out there trying to sell their riced up DC2R's for around the 15k mark that have been through 4,5,6 owners etc.

But people who have owned them from new or near new and are true enthusiasts are different and I think thats why people try and ask higher then normal prices for their DC2R's.. DL001 and Zilli can appreciate this and I'm sure quite a few more people around here.

If I had 30k to spend on a car right now. I'd be out looking for a clean EVO VIII. I don't think anything can touch the CT9A for the money.
    Last edited by Lepperfish; 20-01-2010 at 03:43 AM.
    .: I Heart Honda :.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Lepperfish View Post
    Your tripping if you think your going to get any decent DC2R for sub 15k. I wouldn't let mine go for anything sub 20k. Not that I want to sell.

There are plenty of kids out there trying to sell their riced up DC2R's for around the 15k mark that have been through 4,5,6 owners etc.

But people who have owned them from new or near new and are true enthusiasts are different and I think thats why people try and ask higher then normal prices for their DC2R's.. DL001 and Zilli can appreciate this and I'm sure quite a few more people around here.

If I had 30k to spend on a car right now. I'd be out looking for a clean EVO VIII. I don't think anything can touch the CT9A for the money.
    Not to mention all of its driver assists would ease op's mind about the arse end coming round on roundabout.

I can say i have had a few scares, and trust me, alot of cars get that twitchy oversteer if braking hard and turning mid corner, and its alot more scary in a fwd (imho) because you cant control it, you just have to power out of it.

I know it doesnt count to much and i'll probably get flamed, but mid corner and slamming on the brakes physics says front ends stopping but rear end is still swinging round the bend (if you see what i'm getting at)

In this situation i'd personally prefer a rwd. I mean you can countersteer and ease on the brakes... In a fwd.. i find the only thing to do is to brake and hope to stop before the gutter, or you have to power out of the corner and let it pull the ass back in.

Thats what i've found from personal experience

"Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"