Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000

another dc2r vs dc5r (lol yes, i read the other threads)

so i just read all the threads on the dc5r vs dc2r, and i have a few questions as i'm looking to buy either one or the other.
    first let me state that i have owned a dc2r (was my brother's, went overseas for 3 months therefore became mine for 3 months lol). i loved it. however now that it is time for me to buy one or the other i'm a bit torn.
    i am curious about a few things
    first off, jdm dc2r (or audm as they are fairly similar) vs jdm dc5r, which in your opinions is the better car?

----MAIN QUESTION :P------
    secondly, a few people in the old threads claimed that around a track a dc2r would beat a dc5r....does this still apply audm dc2r vs jdm dc5r? and what about with good suspension mods on the dc5r, would it then become a battle of the mods or is the dc2r simply a better designed chasis?
    ----------------------------

lastly, anyone know what the jdm dc5rs are going for in japan lol? can anyone help me out by linking me to a japanese used car website that has them or something?

thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    The most important factor in a track comparison between a DC2R and a DC5R would be the driver. Are you a good driver? If the answer is no then it won't make much difference which car you are in, the more skilled and experienced driver will perform better.

I would guess from seeing plenty of Type R integras at Winton that a JDM DC5R would beat a DC2R around there by around a second. Motor magazine did a test of the two cars and I believe the DC2R edged out the AUDM DC5R by a fraction of a second in pure lap time, so the extra power and other advantages of the JDM car should see it ahead by a moderate margin.

Another point is that I have seen street driven DC5Rs with amateur drivers hit 1:38s and 1:39s at Winton but the quickest DC2R I have seen is 1:41s.

To answer your second last question, the suspension architecture of the DC2 is much superior to that of the DC5. Both the front and rear suspension designs of the DC5 are riddled with issues. The DC5 shell is probably stiffer though due to being nearly 10 years newer in design and manufacture.

How do you propose to import and register a JDM DC5R?

First of all, if you have no plans to track your car.
    Buy the one that appeals most to you. Simple.

If you are however, I will ditto with ChargeR,
    Alot comes down to driver experience and skills.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5s
    Good job on mastering the search function.

If the above answers don’t suffice;

I’ll teach you, how to use google, only because I’m bored, waiting for 5pm.

1. Fire up your interenet browser

2. Enter www.google.com

3. Enter your main query, “audm dc2r vs jdm dc5r”

And wow, there’s enough to keep you busy till the end of the weekend!

4. Enter your next query, might be hard to find, going to have to be cunning here, we’ll try some obvious words like, “Japanese Car sales”

OMG IT WORKEDDDDD!! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT google could find links????????????????????????

5. Think of another useless topic, so we can do it all over again on Monday.

Have a good weekend!

LOL good stufff LOL rep rep rep HAHAH.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    lol typeS, you got lotsa free time dont you.
    but thats a very good sarcastic guide.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    with the whole google thing...is it like ozhonda? cos i mean, what if nobody has posted the answer to my question in google? i don't want to have to go to all the internet websites to find it, that would take too long.

thanks chargeR that's exactly what i was after

oh and to import it, was thinking personal import...but yeh my main question was the one that ChargeR kinda answered for me.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    A genuine DC5R is pretty damn hard to get a hold of, so there's a pretty good chance if you go DC5R you'll end up with an AUDM one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Black DC2
    hahah that really made me LAUGH OUT LOUD TypeS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pure_na View Post
    with the whole google thing...is it like ozhonda? cos i mean, what if nobody has posted the answer to my question in google? i don't want to have to go to all the internet websites to find it, that would take too long.

thanks chargeR that's exactly what i was after

oh and to import it, was thinking personal import...but yeh my main question was the one that ChargeR kinda answered for me.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    lmao.. loved it!

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Funniest thing ive seen all week
    Ill pick mondays topic