Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    So realistically, you're willing to wait 1.5years before you actually get your car via the personal import scheme? You must have owned it for 12months in Japan before importing and then shipping and waiting for authorization etc etc I've seen take up to 6 months.

If you're going to buy the DC5, just mod an AUDM model with the money and time you saved not attempting to import.

As for the DC2R vs DC5R debate, I've owned both.

I prefer the DC5 because it's newer and has more down low torque which is essential for the daily grind. It's nice not having to rev out first and second just to beat some automatic commodore off the lights so you can merge in to their lane; this was the biggest issue I had with the DC2.

At the end of the day, test drive both and decide that way. A bunch of people on the internet can tell you anything, but at the end of the day, everyone has different preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by TypeS View Post
    Good job on mastering the search function.

If the above answers don’t suffice;

I’ll teach you, how to use google, only because I’m bored, waiting for 5pm.

1. Fire up your interenet browser

2. Enter www.google.com

3. Enter your main query, “audm dc2r vs jdm dc5r”

And wow, there’s enough to keep you busy till the end of the weekend!

4. Enter your next query, might be hard to find, going to have to be cunning here, we’ll try some obvious words like, “Japanese Car sales”

OMG IT WORKEDDDDD!! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT google could find links????????????????????????

5. Think of another useless topic, so we can do it all over again on Monday.

Have a good weekend!
    lmao shuld be sticky....it mite answer all the threads here LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    TypeS

Rep for you!

It appears you were the last person I gave a rep point to... so I can't rep you more. Either way, accept my as a rep point.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSX View Post
    So realistically, you're willing to wait 1.5years before you actually get your car via the personal import scheme? You must have owned it for 12months in Japan before importing and then shipping and waiting for authorization etc etc I've seen take up to 6 months.
    Further to that... you actually have to LIVE in the country and use it for it to apply. You can't just buy the car from Australia, have it stored somewhere for a year and then get it sent over.
    Last edited by 45SET; 16-01-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Best of both worlds...
    Source a JDM K20A motor and drop into DC2R

Unless of course you like the look of the DC5R better, then stick with JDM DC5R.

Quote Originally Posted by dc2r View Post
    Best of both worlds...
    Source a JDM K20A motor and drop into DC2R

Unless of course you like the look of the DC5R better, then stick with JDM DC5R.
    for quite a bit more.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post

I would guess from seeing plenty of Type R integras at Winton that a JDM DC5R would beat a DC2R around there by around a second. Motor magazine did a test of the two cars and I believe the DC2R edged out the AUDM DC5R by a fraction of a second in pure lap time, so the extra power and other advantages of the JDM car should see it ahead by a moderate margin.
    Correct me if im wrong but isn't the reason why JDM dc5r has more power is because is tune to 100 RON.

If that the case, JDM Dc5r would not make that extra power since Australia only has 98 RON fuel pump. Which take out a good amount of power away.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by anfo2gig View Post
    Correct me if im wrong but isn't the reason why JDM dc5r has more power is because is tune to 100 RON.

If that the case, JDM Dc5r would not make that extra power since Australia only has 98 RON fuel pump. Which take out a good amount of power away.
    They would still produce more power than the AUDM counterpart when running on the same 98 RON fuel, otherwise importing an engine would be completely pointless and noone would do it unless it was absurdly cheap compared to AUDM engines (which they aren't).

Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    They would still produce more power than the AUDM counterpart when running on the same 98 RON fuel, otherwise importing an engine would be completely pointless and noone would do it unless it was absurdly cheap compared to AUDM engines (which they aren't).
    The reason i think JDM part is more expensive because of the JDM status. Im not saying JDM part are bad, but some no brand part does the same thing as JDM part.

Just curious why what is different between a AUDM k20 and JDM K20? beside JDM is tuned to 100 RON?

Becasue the reason why i stated that is becasue JDM s15 and AUDM s15 the real difference in power figure was that JDM s15 was tuned on 100 octance (which made couple of good kw lost) and ball bearing turbo (which the difference is was that it spool quicker, AUDM same turbo as JDM but wasn't Ball bearing)

So just curious why does JDM K20 make more power than AUDM k20 beside 100 octane?
    Last edited by anfo2gig; 16-01-2010 at 03:57 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    JDM engines got better headers + cat as well (be it B18C or K20), not sure of what other differences there are, but I'm sure someone who knows the other differences can chime in

Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    JDM engines got better headers + cat as well (be it B18C or K20), not sure of what other differences there are, but I'm sure someone who knows the other differences can chime in
    Forgot about that my bad.

But still i doubt the JDM header + Cat will make up the 20kw difference between AUDM and JDM. That why the Octane played a hude part for the kw difference.

Anyone can explain lol? just want to know more about it that all

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    The JDM K20A has higher compression pistons, more aggressive cams on both intake and exhaust, better intake manifold, better exhaust manifold and larger diameter exhaust, along with the different ECU calibration to suit.

From my rudimentary understanding how a basic K20 ECU operates, in a wide open throttle situation the ECU will only pull timing and add fuel (to the detriment of power) when knock levels exceed a certain threshold. At wide open throttle the car is operating in open loop, there is no feedback from the oxygen sensor in the exhaust, and the ecu uses fuel and timing numbers from tables that are hard coded into the ECU.

Thus if 98RON fuel is sufficient to prevent knock on a JDM motor, as the RON number really only corresponds to increasing knock resistance, then the car should make basically the same power that it did in Japan. Perhaps someone with Japanese language skills can confirm that the JDM car actually does require 100RON because that seems excessive? Remember that the Australian cars only require 95RON.

i recomend dc2r.