Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

DC2R Suspension revival/upgrade

Hey all,

Need a bit of help with choosing parts for upgrading/maintaining suspension components. I would like to replace all bushes soon and tidy up camber, new swaybars, but retain standard springs/shocks.

Whole car:
    New Hardrace bush kit throughout

Front:
    Upper Arm replaced with Skunk2 Adj. arm
    New beaks stabilizer/swaybar

Rear:
    Upper Arm replaced with Skunk2 Adj. arm
    New beaks stabilizer/swaybar

This way i can adjust camber so as not to wear tyres, keep a standard ride height and stiffness while cutting down on some bodyroll. Also all the new bushes will tighten everything up nicely (not needed but may as well change them when doing everything)

What diameter swaybars can be used without needing to upgrade braces/stiffness?

Thanks all in advance! Much appreciated
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    The DC2R rear subframe is reinforced compared to the more poverty spec Integras so I doubt you will have any issues no matter which bar you choose to use unless it is 30mm solid or something of that nature.

I propose an alternative list of parts:

Whole car:

Mugen bushes

Front:
    No front camber arms unless you really need to add more negative camber. If you do need more camber then Hardrace front upper control arms are nice, a much superior design to the Skunk2 arms in my ever so humble opinion.

leave the OEM front sway in place

Rear:
    Hardrace upper control arms
    Any 24mm-ish swaybar

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Not looking for any track spec negative cambers on the front, just want it to be adjustable so each tyre sits dead plum on the road with respect with each other. Do mugen do a full kit as well?

Thanks charge.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    I don't believe Mugen sell it as a full kit but all the notable bushes can be replaced. Check out the suspension section on kingmotorsports.com for a list of them all: LINK The Hardrace items will do the job but if you want OEM quality then I would consider the Mugen.

If you don't want more negative camber, and you don't want less then I wouldn't bother with front adjustable upper arms. Unless your car is bent then the camber will be close enough to even either side.

If I understand your post correctly you are intending to keep the car at stock height?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Yeah stock height. Just stop a touch of bodyroll, and get everything true.
    Honda Accord Euro

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Definatly no need for camber arms man.
    Deano.

> This way i can adjust camber so as not to wear tyres,

Not true.

Toe wears tyres.

> Definatly no need for camber arms man.

x2.

> New beaks stabilizer/swaybar

Not needed unless you're going for much stiffer springs.

The OEM DC2R is a very well sorted platform.

RE: new bushes.

Installing new bushes is a MAJOR PITA!!!!!
    Are you doing the install yourself?

For your goals, some good premium rubber will go long way.

Nick.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    I concur with the two posts above. At stock height there is no need for adjustable upper arms at the front or the rear, but with one caveat; if you are tracking the car heavily adding some negative camber at both the front and the rear will be beneficial in terms of grip and getting even tire wear. As it is you might find yourself wearing the outer shoulders of the tyres heavily on track.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Yeah absolutely no track work, wont drag it - its just that im very particular, and the nth degree of camber that was out when i had it wheel aligned is a bugbear to me. If i know something is wrong ill fix it no matter how small an issue it is.

Installing everything is easy - i dont the front lca bushes myself, very simple. I love working on my car, nothing is too much of an issue.

Toe will wear tires, but so will excessive camber. I just want that adjustability to get it absolutely perfect. Im a bit padantic when it comes to my car.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    PS appreciate the help.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Out of interest what were your camber settings when last got an alignment? I doubt the amount of camber is wrong or excessive.

I propose that if you are pedantic about your car you will be reluctant to put any of the "camber kits" that are available on your car. They are simply not going to be as reliable or as well made as OEM parts, with some having issues with reliability of the ball joints in particular at the front.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Unsure i never got the printout, but i will next time. Perhaps just renew every bush in the whole car will bring it back to standard. The only thing with the hardrace stuff is that i figure its cheaper than mugen? Ill have to enquire about that.
    Honda Accord Euro