Member Array
    Car:
    1993 Prelude VTI-R

CEL Code 15: IGNITION OUTPUT SIGNAL

So over the past few months i have had a problem with my prelude.

It would start and run and then once it got hot would shutdown and woudlnt crank. Anyway i replaced the fuel pump but the problem continued. I put heat on the distributor and plugs and surely enough it cut out so i had the distributor fixed. Anyway just installed the overhauled dizzy and it starts. Idle's for about a minute or so and slowly drops in rpm.... at around 1000 rpm the engine cuts out. I can continue to crank it over and the car starts succesfully although it is throwing up a Code 15 error which has something do do with the ignition output signal. Now since the car starts once it died i decided to take it around the block so i could try and pull some more codes of it.

Anyway half way down the block it died again. We cranked it over and kept going, then it broke down again and wouldnt start again. There is no spark coming from any of the cylinders. Does anybody have any idea what this could be or am i going to have to rest each wire on each harness.

Any help would be appreciated.
    1993 Prelude S - VTEC VTI-R Conversion

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68096

your problem is most likley the ICM in your Dizzy, Rebuild Dizzys can be very bad if not rebuilt right