Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6

Best Motoring -JDM Civic type R vs Euro FN2

The Best Motoring crew compare both Civics and race them on the track.I've never really liked the sedan Civic versions.The JDM Type R looks like an airport rental car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjATkd5q0Hs&feature=sub
    “The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred”-Soichiro Honda.

-Owned 2007 FN2 Civic Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    gokart
    how could you say that about the real type r

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    dont worry.. we all know that "airport rental car" is a better car than the FN2R

in terms of looks, each to his own

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    mmmm, airport rental cars!

Member Array
    Car:
    gokart
    funny how the better driver lost and he had a massive head-start... could be the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    id hire that rental car anyday!!! LOL

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    sh1tbox
    damn silver type r's look like shit
    Would you change the life you love, for the love of your life?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Looks like they started selling the FN2R in Japan this year in 2010. If only we got the same option to buy the FD2R.

Must be a lot of understeer since Tsuchiya was using quite a bit of handbrake in the corner, even in that final corner before the finish line! Plus he missed the apex twice. They commented that the FN2R's RE050 does not have the grip to match the RE070 on the FD2R.
    Last edited by aaronng; 17-01-2010 at 10:29 AM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    10 Honda GE Fit
    there is no way the FN2 is comparable to the real FD2R, in terms of engine, chassis to OEM equipment on the car....
    2010 Honda Jazz GE8
    The One Garage | https://www.facebook.com/togautogroup
    Honda Fit Club Brisbane | https://www.facebook.com/Hondafitbrisbane

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    FN2 is a limited ed in Japan. only 2010 units for sale and RRP is slightly more than FD2R.

i know which one i'd buy if i'm in Japan lol
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    I knew my "airport rental car" comment would bring out the defenders of the JDM Type Rs
    Honestly,looking at the JDM Civic front on and on a 45 degree angle, it looks like some Korean designed basic transportation.
    The only reason why people defend it is that it has a higher performance level than the FN2.That's it!Deep down you all know that it wouldn't win any beauty prizes and to compensate for that ugliness you simply rationalise it away.
    Some ridiculed the Mugen's RR FN2 rear wing.Have a look at the the rear wing of the FD2.... talk about looking tacky!
    When it goes around the bends /corners the front design makes it look like it has those silly looking,very narrow temporary wheels on the front.
    Anyway,the Mugen RR FN2 is the fastest Honda on the market.It would easily beat the FD2 Mugen and destroy the FD2.
    The direction that Honda is taking looks like in future the highest performing cars will be those pissy,little hybrids like the CR-Z...But that's for another thread
    “The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred”-Soichiro Honda.

-Owned 2007 FN2 Civic Type R

Quote Originally Posted by bbds View Post
    damn silver type r's look like shit
    LOL!!! +1

I saw an fn2.. Do there rear bumper have holes for the exhaust, or is that triangle bit actually it's exhaust?? Cause I'm pretty sure i saw the actuall exhaust tip behind that triangle thing.. Talk about tacky!!
    type[R]