Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTi

Tuning AMP and Splits

Hey guys i've just bought a pair of MB Quart splits and the specifications are below:
    Peak power: 80W
    Power rating: 40W RMS @ 4OHMS
    Sensitivity: 87dB
    Frequency reponse: 65-25,000 HZ

I am wanting to buy the JL 3/400 Amplifier, it is a 4ch amp with 75W RMS @ 4ch and 150W RMS bridged, i wanna amp the splits using the 75W and bridge my rockford p1 12" sub with the 150W.

I was wandering if anyone could help me tune the amplifier to suit the splits, i am a bit worried that the 75W rms amp will 'blow' my splits because they are only 40W RMS. I just need help tuning the frequency filter, input voltage sensetivity etc etc.

any help is appreciated thanks
    "one fat girl is equal to two hot girls"

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 H22a Accord
    I dont do this "professionally" at all but what i do turn it up to what id listen to music at its loudest. Or a reasonable level.

Have all the settings turned down on the amp to start with an just turn them up to suit that level of loudness gains bass treble mid all that sort of thing..

Do the same to the sub to or even disconnect the sub to begin with so you can see an hear how much pressure the mids are under.

Make the sub do most of the work though.

Thats just my 2 cents, have a play around with them hassle you local car audio shop for some tips.

Included a little article.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...wer-usage.html
    CD5REPZ

have you install your stuffs yet? I can help you tune if you are in Syd...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    dont forget with quarts its a very good idea to set there frequence to 160hz on hipass.
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA