Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ignition system

from my experience , OEM ignition parts are only as strong as their age and operating conditions.
    IE excessive heat and age will kill them.

But , for the 10 + years that they last , they last fine no matter the application. Seen plenty of drag cars ion the states using standard ignition ( all parts)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Swift GT-iA
    If you've got the money, M&W ignition products is Australian made and quite good
    If you want something thats good value and comes with a 3 year warranty, I recommend ICE ignition, something I don't recommend is MSD, I had nothing but badluck with their profucts.

Personally, am looking to either go coil on plug or single coil on CDI, pending cost of second option.
    Last edited by Blue; 23-02-2010 at 08:39 PM. Reason: spelling error

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda powered daihatsu
    the ultimate would be something like this....

Motec 4ch cdi

Motec cdi mercury outboard coils modded for coil on plug and motec gt-101 hall effect sensor fitted in modded rear cam cap.

That should give you all the lightning you could ever need for the most revs you could push and the hardest fuel to ignite.
    If you build it, he will come.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Swift GT-iA
    and cost you more then a late model second hand honda civic...do you mind me asking why bother? is that even road registrable? LOL maybe not...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda powered daihatsu
    I think i read that someone asked what the best out there might be....

Did any one mention anything about road registration? It is road registered.

Why bother? Because if you can have the best then why not.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    ive got msd blaster with the modified dizzy cap. my dizzy runs cooler now. i run iriduim 1.1mm gap with turbo setup. and no problems. and especially now with new earth straps runs really well

Member Array
    Car:
    90 civic lol
    Thats a fair question(y bother?), the build I'm currently doing seems not to have a budget as it started out to be a quick 5k restore now its 35-40k and climbing(hopefully not much more) the engine bay seems lik there is a black hole for cash. And as i have spent so much on the engine and gearing dont want something as small ignition system to fail and destroy everything and thats y i'm bothering. I would lik to do a single power run at 32psi and hopefully make 500+ hp

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda powered daihatsu
    I see it like this. You see guys out there that spend a fortune on engine mods to make huge power and then when it comes to the smarts(ecu-ignition) they skimp out. WHY?
    Spend the same sort of money you did on your engine and have a set up that will never give you an issue.

Get a motec or m&w cdi(4ch) and get some real cdi coils...mercury or the one T.Palo uses(cbr). You will never have an issue. Or you could just buy a complete cdi, coils and trigger kit from Tony.P

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    general reason most people stay on stock ignition is its reliable for most applications.
    Alot of the cdis etc are hard to tune and can sometimes act up.
    But that's not to say that they are able to make more power
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda powered daihatsu
    Tune wise would be due to the tuner.
    Reliability would be due to the brand and fitment.

Member Array
    Car:
    90 civic lol
    Well I had a thread up before and asked what people thought was the best ecu for a turbo setup(money no object), and thats why i have this one to find out what power people are running with there setup.
    i totally agree with dai-16t, I dont see the point in building an engine with the best of the best then run a stock ignition and ecu setup. I have come to the conclusion the the AEM ecu is best for me a they also have the engine position module so i can run a coil on plug setup too(my opinion).

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda powered daihatsu
    Dude reliability wise i would research the aem stuff.

Look up T1 tony palo. he has a proven setup for hondas.