Blowin some smoke.

Hey, bought a car recently. Didn't blow any smoke on inspection of the car. Now it is blowing some occasionally.

I've noticed it happens when I come to a stop there is a puff, then nothing. Then when I move again from a stop, there is a puff, but then nothing again.

Doesn't happen when the car is turned on, and nothing noticable when I rev it in the drive way.

The car recently had the silencer put on the exhaust, could this be the cause? Or maybe it needs a tune? I have taken it to the mechanics tomorrow regardless, but I want to get some opinions, I really hope it isn't a head on the way out. No oil in the coolant, no loss of power through the rev range. No smoke when I punch it in 3rd gear.

And in the worst case scenario, how much is a new F20C crate engine and/or how much do 2nd hand engines go for?

on ebay they go for about 6k bro how many kms are on this thing.
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    What year model? How many km's on the engine??? What colour smoke, blue or black?

If it's black smoke, then it could be one of a few things, leaking injectors, fouled plugs, incorrect temp plugs. Generally fuel related.

If it's blue smoke, it's oil related, and could be valve guides or oil control rings. Without seeing or hearing it, it's best diagnosed by a good mechanic.

2nd Hand engine's are about 4k and up
    Brand new bottom end about 3.5k, uncertain on a new engine.

'01. Low km's. Very low.
    Blue smoke.

Thanks for the prices on the engines and bottom end options.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by EvolElmo View Post
    '01. Low km's. Very low.
    Blue smoke.

Thanks for the prices on the engines and bottom end options.
    blue smoke = oil burn

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by JAP-S2K View Post
    What year model? How many km's on the engine??? What colour smoke, blue or black?

If it's black smoke, then it could be one of a few things, leaking injectors, fouled plugs, incorrect temp plugs. Generally fuel related.

If it's blue smoke, it's oil related, and could be valve guides or oil control rings. Without seeing or hearing it, it's best diagnosed by a good mechanic.

2nd Hand engine's are about 4k and up
    Brand new bottom end about 3.5k, uncertain on a new engine.
    a guy from essendon honda quoted me 9k for a brand new bottom end + install.. was probably trying to scam me the **** lol

Member Array
    Car:
    69' chevy
    valve stem seals?

Member Array
    Car:
    ..S2000..
    Quote Originally Posted by yah mum View Post
    valve stem seals?

i agree
    ..VTEC YO!..

pure N/A all the way