Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

at vtec car blows smoke

teg is blowing white/grey smoke at very high revs. i know this is characteristic for some cars at crossovers so should i be worried if my engine oil and radiator coolant shows no signs of problems and is running smooth? not related but is 5w40 sae bp oil safe for my car? it aint castrol edge or feo but had a bottle just wondering if i should use it? currently running like 30w60(high) or something.

when using oils, i think a rating of 5w-40 would be better than 30w-60 in most modern engines as the 30w-60 might be too thick
    VTEC = Say My Name!!!

i've been told that white smoke is an indicator of a blown/leaking head gasket..

someone please correct me.

thats under standard idle and car heats up really quick.

basically water is getting into your cylinders and that 'white smoke' is water from your radiator, becoming steam through the combustion chamber

Member Array
    Car:
    Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust
    You pretty much need a rebuild for that. Should get a engine compression test, to see if the cylinders are running right.

see what happens lol, tell the guy drive down n then u can't check for head gasket problems :P

in the mean time, keep the coolant in the radiator and overflow bottle topped up, and check the oil dipstick or under the oil cap for a milky residue, then for sure headgasket is gone (but i didn't see ne of this when we looked at ur car)
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    change to the 5w40 oil

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i know there are some people on here that complain of white smoke at high revs and when changing gears at high revs... what you need to really truly determine is if it is white, or blue black whitey smoke... and if it smells (which is obviously going to be veyr difficult)...

If it is what i am describing then it's oil burning, and that is a result of shot piston rings allowing oil into the combustion chamber... do you get any smoke on startup?
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

when im sitting in vtec, i get dark coloured smoke, but i believe thats just the ecu mapping running slightly rich to keep the engine from blowing up from running lean,

p.s. it wont literally blow up.

sounds pretty spot on, doesent always happen but once in very long while other blows not even a spec of smoke at all or blows alot. if thats it it shouldnt be anything other than the pistons right? would dc2r pistons be straight fit for vtir?