Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16

Car drink lots of petrol

My car has a B18CR engine in with aftermarket pod filter, 4-1 header BUT sadly running with stock cat, exhuast and ecu. I realised my car drink fair a bit of petrol..... is it because I havent got aftermarket exhuast system in so the o2 sensor got the wrong data?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    how much is a lot? what's your mileage?
    and how often does you engine see vtec cause that will drink feul like a mofo!
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Like said above if u hit vtec alot it will DRINK fuel for example back when I ha a b18c in my eg and bp ultimate was $1.7 litre I used to fill $300 fuel a week!!! but I did drive a fair bit but still, I quickly got into the habit of driving a bit nicer, most fuel use was $30 for 60km :s
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    what ecu you running?

if its the standard ecu from the b18c then i suggest resetting the ecu.

if its an aftermarket ecu.. i have no clue.. maybe stop driving like a hoon? lol

Quote Originally Posted by B18cEG View Post
    Like said above if u hit vtec alot it will DRINK fuel for example back when I ha a b18c in my eg and bp ultimate was $1.7 litre I used to fill $300 fuel a week!!! but I did drive a fair bit but still, I quickly got into the habit of driving a bit nicer, most fuel use was $30 for 60km :s
    Well that's an exact measurement :/

Try filling it to the brim, resetting your odometer, then next time you fill up check how many L's it took and how many K's you've done in that time.

L / kms x 100 = fuel consumption.

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    I got 11.6L/100Km's last week.

Now thats total crap for a 1.6L civic isn't it?? and my driving style aint "hoony" either.
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Quote Originally Posted by CB7_OWNER View Post
    I got 11.6L/100Km's last week.

Now thats total crap for a 1.6L civic isn't it?? and my driving style aint "hoony" either.
    Yes it is. There's a few things to check, after you've done a basic service to make sure your oil, spark plugs and filters are all in good nick:

- Vacuum leaks, especially in the old obd 0 map sensors that ran a vacuum line to the fire wall, a leak would cause the car to run extremely rich.

- Bad Timing, assuming your engine lines up correctly at TDC, whip out your timing light and get your ignition timing into spec.

- Distributor leads, if the wire inside the lead has started to break, or the connectors at either the spark plug or distributor end have started to get gummy, then this could lead to poor spark (which would give poor power, so you'd have to give it more throttle = worse fuel consumption).

for a 1.6L Civic, you should be under ~10L/100kms.

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    Im guessing that running 98 vs 95 ron, i should be also getting more km's per litre?
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Theoretically you should, but i've personally never noticed any significant gains in either power or mileage.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by CB7_OWNER View Post
    Im guessing that running 98 vs 95 ron, i should be also getting more km's per litre?
    No if your engine only requires 91RON. If your engine requires 95RON, then you might see some improvement with 98RON IF the 95RON you are putting in is of marginal quality.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i get 8ltr per 100km and i have a 1.6ltr (kinda)
    When hitting hard i do like 11ltr per 100km
    Last edited by Limbo; 22-01-2010 at 04:57 PM.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

im doin 8l 100km around town with a b16b eg whale penis intake and pod thats all