Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    OEM parts whore

jesus christ, haha.

ok back on topic now.
    cars back home, did all the things i previously mentioned but still not firing,
    tried to jump start it as well, but car just kept on cranking and never started.
    check the spark plugs and they were fine

had a mechanic look at it and he suggested it might be the distributor?
    it would fit, given that i was on the road driving and my car just stalled and died.

your thoughts guys? if it is the dizzy, should i go for a new one or a second hand... bit of a tight budget
    Last edited by pancake; 24-01-2010 at 06:37 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Spark or fuel!

Igniter/coil or fuel pump....have them checked out
    Last edited by Nepolian; 24-01-2010 at 07:40 PM.

i dont think its my fuel pump because my car just died whilst i was driving, and the car doesnt even crank sometimes (except the time i attempted to jump start it).

how would i go abouts in checking the ignitor coil?
    isnt that connected to the distributor?

If your distributor is shit, then your car would still crank. If you remove the spark plug, re attach the cable, and get someone to crank the car. Do you see a spark? Yes? Then good. No? Then bad.

Prime your car a few times without cranking. Remove another plug, is it wet with petrol? Good. Is it dry? Then bad.

If both things are good, then that's bad. (lol) But really, if both things are good, then your problem could be more serious. Is there any oil in the combustion chamber? It's possible that the excess crank case pressure may have destroyed some piston rings.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    if the oil is slightly overfilled it won't cause that much issue, just will feel sluggish.

I'd say its more likely the Dizzy. You can get one from the states new for about $200.
    Otherwise a secondhand one is almost the same price. Honda sell them for $800+

Easiest way to test is to see if you can borrow one from a car for abit to test if that is the issue. Had a friend on here do that for me.

With fuel pump, get someone to turn the key. You should feel the pressure on the fuel hose when the key is turned. If there is no pressure then most likley the pump died.
    They do dies suddenly like what your saying. Last time mine died when i was turning right. I had to push the car backwards to get out of traffic!

If its a fuel pump i'm got a second hand one you can have for $50
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    if the oil is slightly overfilled it won't cause that much issue, just will feel sluggish.

I'd say its more likely the Dizzy. You can get one from the states new for about $200.
    Otherwise a secondhand one is almost the same price. Honda sell them for $800+

Easiest way to test is to see if you can borrow one from a car for abit to test if that is the issue. Had a friend on here do that for me.

With fuel pump, get someone to turn the key. You should feel the pressure on the fuel hose when the key is turned. If there is no pressure then most likley the pump died.
    They do dies suddenly like what your saying. Last time mine died when i was turning right. I had to push the car backwards to get out of traffic!

If its a fuel pump i'm got a second hand one you can have for $50
    Neither of those are going to prevent the car from cranking though.