Thread: speakers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 black s2000

speakers

hey guys, i couldnt find a decent thread on installing speaker for 6 1/2 inch speakers, i got a pair of pioneer ts-c160r's and wondering if they will fit straight in and do i need to take the whole door panel off, the door panel looks like a 3 piece and i have a 99 s2k.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    installing speakers is easy as. I used these instructions here to help me out and they make it simple as can be.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=483031

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 black s2000
    sweet thanks dude, would you have any idea if 6 1/2 inch speakers will fit?

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    6 and a half? arent they all standard 6"? I put 6" focal speakers in mine and they only JUST fit in. their a hell of alot longer than your average speaker, I think 2 and a half times to be exact. They dont fit in alot of cars but they just managed to make it in the S. So you have alot of door depth to play with. The only thing I had to do was buy a pair of spacers to cradle them in which cost me like $5 from a car audio store. The s2000 is the easiest car Ive ever had for setting up both the speakers and the head unit.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Yeah their all standard 6.

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 s2000
    6.5" fit. i run Alpine type S co-ax... type R's don't fit b/c of magnet was too big. but diameter-wise, they fit.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    i had 6.5" 3way fusion splits. massive magnets. had to make spacers and also trim some of the door away behind the plastics with a dremel.
    -S15R-

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    6.5' dont fit into the stock door -.- I tried almost every set at jb to see what fits so i could return my 6.5' kickers but none did instead i got a set of 6 inchs

I put 6.5" bostons in when I had mine back in 2001 needs spacers tho