Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Heres my tale ppl:

Went into Hi-Tech the other day and got quotes $1350 for a hi-flow cat, 2.5" stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust and a stainless muffler (not even from the turbo back).

Trekked out to Liverpool today and got quoted $1450 for 3" mild steel exhaust from the turbo back, including hi-flow cat and stainless steel muffler.

I was talking to other people and people have been paying like $800 from the turbo back for 3" mild steel with a hi-flow cat and muffler.

Wtf am I doing wrong? Can neone recommend anywhere I can go? I wanna do the exhaust right the first time but I dunno if I wanna pay $1300+ when that could be spent on a manual box and all the parts I need anyway!

Cheers guys,

Sam

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Is your accord turbo-ed? If not, don't go for any exhaust greater than 2.5" otherwise you'll lose power *I've been told so* 8)

As for the price, I would say above $1000 for branded exhausts and below $1000 for non-branded one, but I'm picking numbers out of thin air here
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Yea man tis turbo

Thats why I'm going 3"

I was expecting about 700 bucks, not closer to 1.5 grand!

Blade, you should'nt pay more than $1000 for your turbo back exhaust. If you're going to pay $1500 might as well get the branded ones from Japan! Below are just a rough estimate of the prices charged
    $200-front pipe
    $250-hiflow-cat
    $250-muffler
    $250-mendrel bend piping
    Just have to continue searching for a place that suits your budget.

Yea thats wat I thought man

Can u recommend newhere?

Unfortunately, I don't know any exhaust shops in sydney.....Maybe others in this forum can help. You can just try getting a few more quotes first.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Sam im not a 100% here, but i believe Livo will do you a better deal for cash, etc.... basically im sure they'll give u a decent discount on the quoted price. you know how it goes, haggle haggle etc.... $1400+ does sound pretty pricey tho....but i dont know much bout cars in general let alone ones with forced induction.... :roll:

jon

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    That's weird, Livo quoted me 800 cash for a high flow cat, 2 1/4 inch mandrel bent system and muffler inc fitting.

Go hassle them about costs and talk to spunkymunky - her system was done by the livo boys.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I payed $650 for my cat back 2" stainless steel exhaust with muffler and tip from Hi-Tech Darlinghurst. That's cheaper than retail, only because I know one of da installers brother.

I don't even know if that's expensive or not?

:arrow: *Warning* If u decide to to get an exhaust from Hi-Tech, only go to da one in Darlinghurst!
    TEAMDaiGah
    REDSUN Performance: 98970889

Why only the one in Darlinghurst man?

Thats where I got my quote neway I think

Is that the one on Parra rd?

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    parra rd one is in leichardt.
    the one in darlinghurst is like near oxford street i think

Alright

Ill check that one out