Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: buying rims

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude

buying rims

Does anybody have any recommendations on places that have a decent selection of wheels to fit the s2000? online or off line. Ive just started searching for some new rims for my car. Im thinking 18s or possibly 19s. But due to the fact their a staggared fit, the few shops Ive gone into havent had a very big selection of rims that will fit... and the selection they did have was pretty poor.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    What style of rim you after??? Chrome dinner plates or decent rims.

Member Array
    Car:
    Im still not sure. A part of me wants to get black 5 spoke rims but the flashy side of me wants chrome (I know everybody will hate me for saying that lol)

dunno y but i always liked the alba blvds, but yet to see em heaps wide and sitting on neg camber,

whats ur budget, if u got big pockets, get some real bling, not them ozzy tyre shit
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    my budgets pretty modest.... around 2 grand... maybe a little bit more

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    http://www.jdmconcept.com.au for Work Wheels and SSR. Both good value alternatives to Rays.
    Last edited by m0nty ITR; 26-01-2010 at 11:23 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EB2
    noooo...anything BUT chromies! check out the traders section for some choices...

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    give On The Run motorsport a call. they can get you just about anything you want from japan and they are RAYS engineering official distributors. they located on westall road in springvale/westall area, victoria
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    give On The Run motorsport a call. they can get you just about anything you want from japan and they are RAYS engineering official distributors. they located on westall road in springvale/westall area, victoria
    If you go Rays my choice would be RE30s. But the budget of $2k is impossible for Rays.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    If you go Rays my choice would be RE30s. But the budget of $2k is impossible for Rays.
    Brand new maybe. But who buys wheels brand new, all the best ones are discontinued .

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Mostly depends on what you intend to use your car for.... Do you intend to use it for for it was made for? or just cruise the streets?

I respect both sides of styling, but would recommend you buy some good quaility Japanese rims, that are wider and with a more aggressive offset, mated to some decent tyres and add camber, you'll end up with a half decent cornering machine. It's more enjoyable that way.

Usually anything 18" or larger will require guard rolling, unless the rims have a terrible offset. 2K will get you a primo 2nd hand jap rims and tyres (currently some in the trader section close to your budget). Whereas 2K will get you common chromies with poor tyres.
    Last edited by JAP-S2K; 26-01-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    honestly Im just looking for something that looks good to cruise the streets with. Its going to be a while until Im able to get it to the track