Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NEW civic paint protection?

Hey guys,

when buying a new civic, should i get the paint protection package? Is it worth to get or is polishing regurlarly better?

THANKS!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I heard it's better to maintain it urself...

i h ave no idea what the paint protection does though..

You could always go to a detailer and get paint protection done there.. probably be half the price...
    Im going get it done, you located in melbourne??
    Ill let you know how mine goes if your here.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09' Civic FD2
    Yeah I got it done on mine.
    I found that it does help to a certain extent. You don't need to polish or wax. I just wash and get a good shine every time. Been a year since my purchase.

Like all things if you want best results maintain yourself. But like all things that will take time and effort. Depends on how much time you have on your hands really...
    09' CIVIC FD2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC eg(dead)kw298 ,FD1
    i think the paint protection from honda also includes the dent protection? if you make a dent or minor scratches also gutter grinds on wheels they can fix it for you for 35bux

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    Yeah I got it done on mine.
    I found that it does help to a certain extent. You don't need to polish or wax. I just wash and get a good shine every time. Been a year since my purchase.

Like all things if you want best results maintain yourself. But like all things that will take time and effort. Depends on how much time you have on your hands really...
    bang on.
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    mmm if u got time, its better to maintain the car urself, that way you know that your car is getting the proper treatment, its what i think anyway cause i prefer to do it then let sumone else do it, claybars are cheap of OH from platium visuals i got a few and detail my car every 3 months and its great, as for minor dints and scractches theres alot of people out there that do it for a low price and u can always cut and polish urself. but the protection package isnt all that great cause dealerships are alwayss busy, they wont do a good as job as u spending ur own time on it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09' Civic FD2
    Quote Originally Posted by kawai View Post
    i think the paint protection from honda also includes the dent protection? if you make a dent or minor scratches also gutter grinds on wheels they can fix it for you for 35bux
    Really??

I didn't know that it covered dents or minor scratches as well.
    I'll have to tell them about the dent in the next service then. Thanks for sharing this.
    09' CIVIC FD2

waste of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.......... just polish the car once a year.... use the $$$$$$$$ to mod the car.........

Don't waste your money.

If you really want paint protection - get this instead

http://www.universalshield.com.au/

I've had my entire car done and it has already paid for itself by stopping large paint chips.

Quote Originally Posted by triode12 View Post
    Don't waste your money.

If you really want paint protection - get this instead

http://www.universalshield.com.au/

I've had my entire car done and it has already paid for itself by stopping large paint chips.
    how much???? what is this???

Quote Originally Posted by Zimp13 View Post
    how much???? what is this???
    Paid about $2.5K for the whole car to be done.
    The good thing about it is that you can include it in your insurance w/o upping your premium bec the insurance companies welcome this kind of protection - it saves them money.

Someone sidewiped my car and there were long scratches and a large dent on one of the panels but after the film was removed, the panel only needed PDR. No repainting required (normally the affected panel and the adjacent panels have to be repainted to match). Insurance paid for the panel to be covered again with the film.

The film also helps when someone tries to key your car -it will take all the damage unless they use heaps of force - enough to take it down to the metal.

Another company that does the film install is www.ozicozi.com.au.