[CL9] stuck gearbox?

For 99% of my driving, my gear changes have been pretty smooth. Until yesterday.
    I take off in first, then when i clutch in and try to change to second, it seems "stuck" in first (Its seems stuck when trying to get from 1st to N). I instinctively pull the gearstick a bit harder to get it into second, and i hear like a loud 'thud' or 'clunk'. Any ideas? My car is a 2005 Manual with 75000km with last MTF change at 40000km.

cheers
    sam

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Does it still seem like the clutch has not disengaged yet?

I have experienced this several times, more so when cold or when the vehcile has not been driven for some time. After the car has warmed up its all good.

When this happened to me, I released the clutch and tried it again successfully.

Would try bleeding the clutch fluid.

thanks for your reply.
    The car was adequately warmed up, i drove it around all day and also weather was pretty hot. The car is fine now, but on rare occasions it behaves as previously posted. In terms of clutch fluid, i think it was changed around the 35000km mark when honda replaced my master cylinder.

Has your car been in an accident? I'v previously had this happen to my car, it was cause the gearbox was not aligned properly and the mounts were kinda bent, i used to have the same problem with i smashed it into third gear. so i have to granny shift to third so it doesnt get stuck, either that or your selectors stuck.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I agree with tpphan. Bleed your clutch. If your clutch biting point is currently near the bottom, then your clutch fluid has been either contaminated or broken down. Just bleed the clutch and keep topping up. Once you get enough fluid through (I reckon about 100-200ml), then the fluid throughout the clutch line would be reasonably clean. No need to drain the whole line and prime the lines to remove the air.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Will try bleeding the clutch fluid. Anyone got a DIY on how to do it on a euro?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by insanesam View Post
    Will try bleeding the clutch fluid. Anyone got a DIY on how to do it on a euro?
    It's the same with any other car. Locate the clutch slave cylinder, attach a tube from the nipple to a bottle, loosen the nipple and get someone to pump the clutch pedal by hand (push down, then pull up manually). Keep topping up to avoid letting the resevoir run dry. Once you have pumped through enough fluid, press the clutch pedal down one last time and hold it down, while you tighten the nipple. Don't overtighten it as it can snap off.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20212 (photos don't work anymore though)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    From memory, the slave can be seen when looking down towards the transmissions from the air intake pipe. So between the TB and Intake Box is where your eyes should be.

There is not enough clearance unless you have small hands, so probably best to remove the intake pipe, maybe battery+tray as well.

Correct if wrong.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It is just underneath the coolant resevoir bottle. So just remove the coolant resevoir bottle, and look down where the lower radiator hose is. You'll see a silver thing with a nipple that has a black rubber cover (or no cover at all if it fell off during driving )

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    It is just underneath the coolant resevoir bottle. So just remove the coolant resevoir bottle, and look down where the lower radiator hose is. You'll see a silver thing with a nipple that has a black rubber cover (or no cover at all if it fell off during driving )
    How often should the clutch fluid be changed?You use Honda brake fluid for this?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    How often should the clutch fluid be changed?You use Honda brake fluid for this?
    I just bleed it out a little once in a while. That way the fluid at the slave cylinder gets renewed. Yes, use Honda brake fluid for it but I'm sure aftermarket DOT4 brake fluids will work fine too.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Luxury
    If you've bought your car 2nd hand.. check the gearbox or engine mounts..