Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

91 RON used on Euro - please help!!

I accidentally filled up about 17 litres of BP 91 RON on my 2008 Euro just then.

I have ALWAYS used BP Ultimate 98 fuel since the day I got the car.

- Is this a major problem? Will this do any damage to the engine or the car?

- Is there anything else I can do now to improve things?

I read the drivers manual as soon as I got home and it does state clearly that for Australian model Euros, to use premium unleaded petrol with RON of 95 or higher.

It also says, "Use of a lower octane petrol can cause a persistent, heavy metallic rapping noise in the engine that can lead to mechanical damage"

Now I am really worried as I'm scared I might have done damage to the engine.

Please help or if anyone can shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I just recently serviced the car last week and the car has only done 13,000 km.

The fuel tank is about 45% full (even though I only filled up 17 ltrs), should I wait til I use up all the fuel and then re-fill with BP Ultimate 98, or should I fill up the tank NOW with Ultimate 98??

I'm not sure if diluting the 91 RON with Ultimate 98 will improve the situation or make it worse.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    hahaha, gold.... your cars gonna be fine dude, just carry on as usual, next time your car needs fuel, put premium in like you normally do, nothing is going to happen to your car

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    lol

It's all good mate!!

Just run it as low as possible then refill with 98.

Other's should be able to offer more info but don't worry it will be fine!

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    Nothing to worry about man, first day I got my crx I did the same, I've done 40k kms since I got it and it hasn't missed a beat. Your ecu won't know the change in fuel until u fill it up 3 times

Thanks heaps for the quick replies guys!!

Definitely feel less worried now....I was freaking out big time before as I thought 91 RON on the Euro was a No-No! It even says it on the fuel tank door.

Silly mistake and my fault really, the BP I went to had the 91-95-Ult 98 the wrong order to all other BP stations...I didn't realise until I filled up $20....

Quote Originally Posted by MRK20CRX View Post
    Nothing to worry about man, first day I got my crx I did the same, I've done 40k kms since I got it and it hasn't missed a beat. Your ecu won't know the change in fuel until u fill it up 3 times
    Thanks mate, what does it mean by the ECU? Luckily I didn't even fill up a full tank so I'll definitely triple-check that its Ultimate 98 before filling in the future.

Almost forgot, does that mean the passage I quoted from the drivers manual

"Use of a lower octane petrol can cause a persistent, heavy metallic rapping noise in the engine that can lead to mechanical damage"

only applies if you use 91 RON fuel long term?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    using ron91 on your euro will make u to have your car service more often

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Just dont gun it, engine might start pinging.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by 2008 Accord Euro View Post
    Thanks mate, what does it mean by the ECU? Luckily I didn't even fill up a full tank so I'll definitely triple-check that its Ultimate 98 before filling in the future.
    The ECU = The computer.

It's a 'learning computer'.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by 2008 Accord Euro View Post
    Almost forgot, does that mean the passage I quoted from the drivers manual

"Use of a lower octane petrol can cause a persistent, heavy metallic rapping noise in the engine that can lead to mechanical damage"

only applies if you use 91 RON fuel long term?

Cheers
    If you fill an EMPTY tank with 91RON, then you will get that. If you filled a 1/2 or 3/4 full tank of BP Ultimate with 17L of 91RON to top up, your car will be safe.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2