Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by iLlusion10 View Post
    Don't stress it'll be fine, the engine isn't going to instantly explode, if your really paranoid just buy octane booster ..
    Octane booster can cause deposits in the combustion chamber and wear your valve seals. It can easily cause more damage than compared to just topping up with 98 RON.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by 2008 Accord Euro View Post
    Sorry guys for causing undue stress to you all. Its just that I've looked after the car really well from day one (apart from the car washing/cleaning) and I was absolutely disgusted at myself when I made that mistake.

Just went to the local BP and filled up another 39Ltrs of BP Ultimate (full tank) so hopefully the initial 17Ltrs of 91 RON from a few hours earlier didn't cause toooo much damage to the engine.

Also, my concern is that any damage done to the car's engine could mean $ thousands in repair costs....
    Don't worry, your engine won't be damaged by that short 25 km of normal driving. The engine has a knock sensor to help prevent serious damage by listening for the pinging. Of course, there is a limit to how far the knock sensor can detect and prevent damage, but unless you didn't try to do any crazy RPMs with 91RON, your engine wouldn't have had any damage to it.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    i cant beleive this got to 3 pages, NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO YOUR CAR, i swear by baby jesus if anything happens to your car cos you put 91 ron fuel in it i will personally buy you a new one, top of the range too, just drive your car and when you need more fuel, put in 98... simple as that, its like saying "oh no, i drank tap water instead of mineral water, am i going to die?" putting 91ron in your car is the biggest non event ever, you cause your car more harm from sitting in it and touching things

ps- NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO YOUR CAR BECAUSE YOU PUT 91ron FUEL IN IT! SAVVY?

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    close the thread

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Just fill it up with 98 and don't put octane booster in and you'll be fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    The bloody owners manual puts all sorts of warnings in thier to scare ya into doing something 1 way.

Spend some time on the net all learn the real knowledge.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I use 91,95 or 98 whatever.Usually 91 cause I'm a poor mofo

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    lol if u were a cheapass can u half fill it with 91 and rest 98 ron to dilute it to become 94 ron? XD

actually i think u need to do some chemical stuff to change octane dont you.

dont u guys hate how our fuel meter is so optimistic. stays at the full mark until 70% left.
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I wouldn't mix the fuels lol

Yeah ya get to know ya fuel guage and how it works,STUPID thing!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    just syphon it back out if you're that paranoid. or there is a plug in the fuel tank to drain it...

but agreeing with everyone else. it will be OK

here's a thought for the op.
    alot of people ask for their cars to be filled upon pickup of their car for the very first time from the dealership. Now, despite what it says on the car, do you really think the dealership will fill up 95ron?? ofcourse not. they fill it up with what ever is cheapest, which is 91ron.
    so like others have said, take a chill pill, relax your car is fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    ^^ Do/did U work at a dealership?

I guess some do,some don't..