Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    some do some dont. most dealerships dont have their own pump, and even then at petrol stations i've seen "wrong" fuel being used. ie premium on evo x's when 98 is available. so yeah.

i work near a petrol station with alot of dealerships using it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9
    I had the same issue before and got some useful response, it is very help.

Please read http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=115196&page=3
    Last edited by by-life; 01-02-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    IM ON A BOAT
    just a noob Question, is 95 RON and 95 Octane the same thing? cos im going broke just using Vpower every week lol
    So i heard you like mudkipz

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    yes

RON = Research Octane Number
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    SeeYou2
    Quote Originally Posted by eg_08_wa View Post
    ... they fill it up with what ever is cheapest, which is 91ron.
    Wrong! E10! hahaha...

Damn I hate myself for rorting the dealer to fill up my tank upon delivery... u should see where they fill up!?
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    When I got my car delivered in 2004, I got the dealer to put on the contract "Full tank of premium petrol". They had a petrol pump onsite, and it had both 91 and 95 RON.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    SeeYou2
    ... but did you actually SEE them filling up with the good stuff? THAT is the question...
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by nickxau View Post
    ... but did you actually SEE them filling up with the good stuff? THAT is the question...
    If it is available on the spot and they promised me to fill it up with premium, then it should have done. When you become paranoid of everything and think that everyone is lying to you (and many are), then there is a problem with society.

95 RON is not good stuff. It's crap. My car takes 98 RON. No difference in power or mileage, but the engine runs smoother.

when i first for my car, (second hand with 97,000kms on it full service history, and 95ron used)i started filling up bp ultimate 98. i was averaging 580kms. 2-3months down the track i realised i was getting 650 constantly. same driving style, same distances each week.
    now that im doing hwy kms now, i get 700kms. all from 98.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS
    If you're really worried; add a good Octane Booster and then fill to the brim with BP 95 Octane. Euro's have sensors coming out the rear end... the worst thing the car may knock/ping in which it will let you know via the CEL... and then go into "Safe Mode" and run the car rich until the pinging stops... When you fill back up with 98... Reset the ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If it is available on the spot and they promised me to fill it up with premium, then it should have done. When you become paranoid of everything and think that everyone is lying to you (and many are), then there is a problem with society.

95 RON is not good stuff. It's crap. My car takes 98 RON. No difference in power or mileage, but the engine runs smoother.
    Without sounding cynical (fairly difficult), if you don't already know this and are over the age of 18... then you're in denial. There are very few honest, decent, "selfless" human beings out there.
    Last edited by Phased; 05-02-2010 at 01:38 AM.
    AMSOIL 10w30/Ea013 @ 5k OCI's, AMSOIL MTF Synchromesh, RE002's @ F 40/R 38 PSI; 9.23L/100kms. Suburban(Minimal Freeway).

Self Tuned (Road). Dyno soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    98 is supposed to have more detergents (than 95)added to clean your engine combustion chamber,valves etc.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Phased View Post
    Without sounding cynical (fairly difficult), if you don't already know this and are over the age of 18... then you're in denial. There are very few honest, decent, "selfless" human beings out there.
    There is nothing about being "selfless" in this case. The contract states premium and you should be given premium. It would be like me buying an item from a trader here and then losing sleep each night being worried on whether the trader would give me the real item that I purchased or pull a switcharoo on me with a cheap replica. It's like someone going to Coles to buy red apples and after paying for it start to worry at the cashier about whether they are real red apples or just green apples painted red. The reason why we buy from a dealer/retailer/trader/supermarket instead of from the back of a white van/private sale/truck carrying fruits is because of the added security that we will get what we paid for.

There is a limit to how far someone should worry about this and if the dealer is going to pull shit like this even when it is stated that premium is to be used on the contract, then that dealer is not worth dealing with because they are willing to have themselves at the risk of being sued if the car is damaged by running regular petrol just to save $3 over a full tank.