Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Does anyone know of any reputable places that can do the install of rotors and pads in south eastern Melbourne?

Any suggestions would be a great help!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by npcan2 View Post
    HAHA, sorry man... I'm retarded...

I did mean the Street Series.

As I'm looking at it now, it seems that the racingbrake front and rear is a lot cheaper than the DBA's.

With this new information, I'm probably gonna go with racingbrake front and rear and hawk ceramic pads. Sound good?

cheers
    Remember to factor in shipping. The shipping cost of rotors through airfreight can be over $100-200! So get a quote first.

Hawk ceramic pads are pretty gentle street pads. They have slightly less initial bite than the stock pads, but slightly better braking ability. Great for street.

Quote Originally Posted by npcan2 View Post
    Actually, what would be better for braking performance and life with the Racingbrake rotors; The hawk ceramic, or the RB ET500?
    Which Racingbrake rotor? The UR or UP? The ET500 is quite aggressive, so you might find that you have to be more careful with the brake pedal. That was what I found when I went from the Hawk Ceramic to the Project Mu NR pads.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    The setup I think I'll go with is as follows:

Front Rotors: Racingbrake UP Brake Rotor (Slot), Acura TSX 04-08, Front Slotted PAIR, 90761 90762

Rear Rotors: Racingbrake HP Brake Rotor (Slot) - 04-08 Acura TSX REAR PAIR, 9627R-111

Front Pads: Racingbrake Brake Pads, ET500, 04-08 Acura TSX FRONT SET

Rear Pads: Racingbrake Brake Pads, ET500, 04-08 Acura TSX REAR SET

All that shipped to Melbourne from Heeltoe Auto for $950AUD...

Any thoughts?

Bumping an old thread.

So I installed some Hawk brake pads on my rears a couple years back. I can't remember the exact model of the pad, but 2 years later they have eaten my oem rotors.

So time for an upgrade. DBA 4000 series has been mentioned here a couple times. Where can I order and is there a part number?

How does the 4000 series relate to the 2510 and 2511 model that turns up on the DBA website catalogue? How about pads, what would pair nicely?

Only looking to change out rears at this stage.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    If you go for the street series, it's the DBA2510 (CL9). If you want the T3/4000 series, they would be DBA42510. Add S for slotted or XS for slotted and cross drilled. I would look at regular DBA2510S for normal/spirited road use, if you wanted the slotted look. GSLRallySport is good place to buy rotors.
    http://gslrallysport.com/au/catalogs...ult/?q=dba2510

Cheers,
    Leaning towards getting blanks for the rear (DBA2511) and the slotted DBA2510S upfront. Now for pads....

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Depends on how you drive. A lot of people like going the safe option and going Bendix, which is fine for their normal pads. Their performance pads (Ultimates) dust like no tomorrow though, and I've found QFM HPX to work really well. Do note that they are performance pads, so they can bit a tad more noisy when cold (usually gone after first brake, and it's not a loud screech) as well as having a bit more initial bite. This is the normal for brake pads as their more agressive they are, the more noisy and bitey they get. There are other brands too, depending on what your looking at, and I think there's another thread with some good recommendations on brake pads in this sub forum.

So I'm wondering how this would go:

Front:
    DBA slotted (DBA2510S) with OEM Honda pads with replacement to be decided as required.

Rear:
    DBA blanks (DBA2511) with Bendix General CT DB1265-GCT