Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Brake replacement

Hey everyone,

My front and rear rotors are almost gone, and my pads are definitely not great. So I'm looking at getting new rotors and new pads (aftermarket). Now I don't plan on tracking my car really, but I am a very spirited driver, and I am looking for a performance gain as well as cosmetics.

I was just just wondering what suggestions people have for any rotor/pad combo, that will look the part, but more importantly do the job.

Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 WRX WRP10
    DBA 4000 series Slotted Rotors are good IMO, with some good ceramic pads not sure what some good ceramic pads are?? someone help us out :P

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by sodhi90 View Post
    DBA 4000 series Slotted Rotors are good IMO, with some good ceramic pads not sure what some good ceramic pads are?? someone help us out :P
    RDA slotted rotors and some Endless or decent aftermarket Jap pads.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I'm using DBA4000 blanks. I'm not a fan of slotted rotors because they chew through your pads quicker. Plus, you don't need the glaze-cleaning ability of the slotted rotors on the street. You only need them on track.

As for pads, a good one for the price is Hawk Ceramic, but now I am using more aggressive Project Mu NR, which are a bit too sensitive for the street and they groove the rotors very quickly.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I'm using DBA4000 blanks. I'm not a fan of slotted rotors because they chew through your pads quicker. Plus, you don't need the glaze-cleaning ability of the slotted rotors on the street. You only need them on track.

As for pads, a good one for the price is Hawk Ceramic, but now I am using more aggressive Project Mu NR, which are a bit too sensitive for the street and they groove the rotors very quickly.
    where about u can purchase the rotors n brake pads after market (less dust) n how much is the cost roughly.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    where about u can purchase the rotors n brake pads after market (less dust) n how much is the cost roughly.
    I got the DBA4000 blank rotors from vsport.com.au. They have offices in each state. They were about $520 for all 4 corners. If you want something cheaper, then go RDA or OEM rotors.

As for the pads, you can get Hawk pads from heeltoeauto.com who are based in the US. Current price is AU$105 for front and AU$68 for rear based on the current exchange rate, plus you need to add in shipping costs which I'm guessing might be around $220-250 landed here.
    Last edited by aaronng; 01-02-2010 at 07:06 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 JDM Euro
    i've got the DBA 4000 with Project Mu Front pads and Project DTM rear pads,
    Like aaronng said, they wear out the rotors fast, but have some seriously good stoping power, a little bit of screeching also from the pads im finding as well once they heat up.

which i find strange as i've only had them on for about 3 - 4 months, and surely they couldnt be getting low.
    2006 Euro JDM : 18' Concave Concept CC02 Rims, Coilovers, Summit Strut Bar, Voltage Stabiliser, Camber Kit, Slotted Disks, LED Lights, Phillips 6000k HID Kit, Sports Grill with CL7 Badges

what about endless pads? do they wear out rotor fast?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by N3M3SIS View Post
    i've got the DBA 4000 with Project Mu Front pads and Project DTM rear pads,
    Like aaronng said, they wear out the rotors fast, but have some seriously good stoping power, a little bit of screeching also from the pads im finding as well once they heat up.

which i find strange as i've only had them on for about 3 - 4 months, and surely they couldnt be getting low.
    If you are using Project Mu HC+ pads, they screech no matter what because they are a metallic compound pad.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothy0000 View Post
    what about endless pads? do they wear out rotor fast?
    It depends on the type of pad. If you want the rotor to last long, the Hawk Ceramics are good. They sacrifice a bit of initial bit to last longer. However, you need to follow the bedding in procedure, which is the aggressive style by braking from 80km/h down to 20km/h repeatedly quite hard, so it is not something you can do on public roads.

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    what about the ones Acre Super Fighters? the ones Yonas selling. $150 for fronts sets sounds pretty good to me..
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplodin View Post
    what about the ones Acre Super Fighters? the ones Yonas selling. $150 for fronts sets sounds pretty good to me..
    just want to know if they r dusty. sounds like a bang for buck too the honda oem pads r ok but i want sumthing more sport feeling n not dusty