Thread: Respray bumpers

Member Array
    Car:
    N/A

Respray bumpers

hi, i've just got my front and rear bumpers sprayed white at the panel beaters but when they were put back on, the colour doesn't match with the body. its a bit lighter than the bodys colour. is there a way to even out the colour on the bumpers back to its original?

cheers

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    no... you have the wrong shade... take it back to them and have them give it another go... be aware though, that plastic bumpers usually take on a slightly different colour anyway
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

Spray Bumpers

Quote Originally Posted by davidha91 View Post
    hi, i've just got my front and rear bumpers sprayed white at the panel beaters but when they were put back on, the colour doesn't match with the body. its a bit lighter than the bodys colour. is there a way to even out the colour on the bumpers back to its original?

cheers
    It can sometimes come down to the undercoat used. What colour undercoat did they use? Remember also that the colour will change slightly as it ages.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    N/A
    So you reckon if i let it out in the sun for a while it'll lighten up and even it out a bit more? or maybe try to cut and polish the whole car?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    depends how un-match the color on your bumper and body. If the panel beaters just follow your color code to re-spray than there will be high chance wont be matching your car, because your body color will wear out from UV, etc. If only very minor difference, than is acceptable, because plastic and metal are hard to match to the same color.

Member Array
    Car:
    N/A
    yeah i think he just followed the code of the colour. its a minor difference but noticeable.