Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gearbox???

hows your gearbox holding up ludcrs i think im harsh/quick shifting is whats done the damage

eny one on here care to donate $5000 lol trying my luck even tho its prob one in a million lol
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I just bought a box on ebay for $260.

It has damage at the output end and no word on it otherwise.

We'll see if it's salvageable. I want it for some electrical experiments. :LOL:

S2Krazy Array
    I saw that one for sale.

What are your plans? AP2 internals?
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Nah, two separate projects.

I want to make up an adaptor plate for an electric motor.

and

Solenoid activated gear change for paddle shift gearbox.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i need a box too.. i think i blew it 2 nights ago going into 2nd gear.. quickly.. lol aftah a new HD clutch was put in.. -_-... cant even drive the car.. it sounds like metal on metal warfare every time i engage the clutch

That's what happened to me I shifted to quick and in stead of the wheels chirping I heard a huge bang instead  lost 2nd gear comletely crusied it home in 3rd I have found a few very good low km gearboxs I just don't have $2000+ to spend on one and my bloody diff is noisy too after a night at Calder park so I'm trying to save for a puddymod then I'll fix the car all at once untill then I'm cruising around in my sexy Hyundai excel lol
    Last edited by Age_S2000; 13-03-2010 at 11:47 AM.
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Age_S2000 View Post
    That's what happened to me I shifted to quick and in stead of the wheels chirping I heard a huge bang instead  lost 2nd gear comletely crusied it home in 3rd I have found a few very good low km gearboxs I just don't have $2000+ to spend on one and my bloody diff is noisy too after a night at Calder park so I'm trying to save for a puddymod then I'll fix the car all at once untill then I'm cruising around in my sexy Hyundai excel lol
    lol age, i had to drive my mrs hyundai excel till insurance paid up and till i bought a new car. Atleast your cars still there lol. I havent seen your car in awhile.. infact since that cruise to hp LOL any new mods? BL on the box man. 2jz swap it with the engine haha. I wanna see someone in melb do it

id be keen on it but heres a few reasons why

1. Cost: getting an engine, loom, computer, transmission, mounts and a tail shaft not to mention tuning and all the other bits and pieces and getting the cluster to work plus engine modifications including internals

2. Output: probably not that much more if u spend the same going FI on an F20C motor including lower comp pistons big turbo shit loads of boost etc etc
    lets face it we should all know of the (USA) Red S2000 with a 2JZ Auto running 8.8 down the quarter and the (MEXICO) Red S2000 with and F20C Manual running 8.9 down the quarter so is it worth it id rather have a fast F20 honestly its GOT VTEC YO lol :P

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    haha guess so.. gotta love the "s2000 from hell" vtec is the bomb

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    hey age s2000.. were in the same boat.. lol.. my cars been in the workshop for about a week.. they pulled apart my gearbox to see the damage.. the teeth for 2nd gear are like almost all gone..lol..

anyone ideas with places to get a new box.. hopefully under 2gs?.. called some wreakers.. they want my box plus 3g ontop for one of theirs.. aparently only done 10,000k thou

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Age, if you can get it rebuilt for 1500, you're crazy not to do that. Like new. source some heavy duty synchros and shit and shell never play up again. Maybe also learn how to double clutch....might save you some wear?

I was told by my mechanic that Redline MTL 70w80 GL-4 gear oil is the best for S2000 gear box, thin enough for smooth shifting but loaded with tons of extreme wear additives, nothing is more prefect than that.