Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 GSi Integra

Exclamation Looking for Enthusiast! -Casual work

Hey guys : )

I didn't know where to post this thread so feel free to move it to its correct place.

Basically i bought my first Car in Nov (96 integra gsi), and im a real visual enthusiast atm with all these projects and ideas i want to put into motion with my car.

Problem is.. i know almost nothing about cars.

So what i'm looking for is somebody who is keen on coming down maybe once a week/fortnight on a sunday to show me everything there is to do with cars.

I will want to learn how to take a car apart piece my piece basically and put it back together with my eyes closed haha,

So someone who knows how the insides of cars work (interior and exterior body work) Mechanical (all parts, engine, brakes the whole shbang)

Someone who has done alot of work in the past on cars inside and out from mounting body kits to modifying all of a cars guts.

This is paid work, im looking for a 1 on 1 instructor/teacher

If you're keen send me a message with your asking price and what you could offer.

Kind Regards,

John

EDIT: Actually best thing to do actually is contact me via msn on johntellier@hotmail.com because i might not be able to check the forums so often giving im at work.
    Last edited by Nolthando; 03-02-2010 at 08:27 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolthando View Post
    Hey guys : )

I didn't know where to post this thread so feel free to move it to its correct place.

Basically i bought my first Car in Nov (96 integra gsi), and im a real visual enthusiast atm with all these projects and ideas i want to put into motion with my car.

Problem is.. i know almost nothing about cars.

So what i'm looking for is somebody who is keen on coming down maybe once a week/fortnight on a sunday to show me everything there is to do with cars.

I will want to learn how to take a car apart piece my piece basically and put it back together with my eyes closed haha,

So someone who knows how the insides of cars work (interior and exterior body work) Mechanical (all parts, engine, brakes the whole shbang)

Someone who has done alot of work in the past on cars inside and out from mounting body kits to modifying all of a cars guts.

This is paid work, im looking for a 1 on 1 instructor/teacher

If you're keen send me a message with your asking price and what you could offer.

Kind Regards,

John

EDIT: Actually best thing to do actually is contact me via msn on johntellier@hotmail.com because i might not be able to check the forums so often giving im at work.
    Cars are quiet advanced. I just finished a 4 year apprenticeship, i still am learning new things every day.

IMO, the best thing you could do if you were this interested in learning about your cars would be to go do some night school classes at a local TAFE in automotive. That and just dive in and have a go.

Get a workshop manual, removing the interior following a WSM is simple.

Dive in and have a go.

You will need to spend money on tools and be prepared to have to replace items that may be broken or may break in the removal/installation process due to age (and sometimes to your own fault), we all do it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 GSi Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1985 View Post
    Cars are quiet advanced. I just finished a 4 year apprenticeship, i still am learning new things every day.

IMO, the best thing you could do if you were this interested in learning about your cars would be to go do some night school classes at a local TAFE in automotive. That and just dive in and have a go.

Get a workshop manual, removing the interior following a WSM is simple.

Dive in and have a go.

You will need to spend money on tools and be prepared to have to replace items that may be broken or may break in the removal/installation process due to age (and sometimes to your own fault), we all do it.
    Well i want to start at step one at the very least, i.e what tools o buy etc etc, real baby steps, then when things get real complex i might take up a course if its really necessary. For now i just want to learn what most people know about their own pride and joys. even just the basics. ^^

thx for the advice though, ill take it into consideration.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    damn shame your not in WA ... i have actually done this with a few people now =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    ^^ Oh nice,that's great.

I taught myself with the internet

It took time but I did it!

It would be a hell of a lot easier being shown.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 GSi Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    damn shame your not in WA ... i have actually done this with a few people now =)
    indeed !

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    I work as a spare parts interp and im suprised every day!

what i suggest you do (this is what i did) find a cheap wreck of a car with a ****ed engine and learn buy having ago, get your tools and etc.. then rip a pile of junk apart and then put it back together, this way you learn what things are, where they are etc.. basically all push rod engines work the same just some do things slightly differnt

besides that a TAFE Course or get a parts catalouge (www.toyotadiy.com) - and learn what things are where they go etc..

and have fun! if its not enjoyable then dont bother cause cars only get harder the newer they get!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Internet mate. I still know virtually SFA but compared to how I was 12 months ago I'm amazed at how much you can absorb when you're passionate and interested - just from the net.

On that note I'm looking for a similar companion in VIC to help me build my B20VTEC <lol>

Good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    dougie if you need a hand and live out west i might beable to help with a spanner now and then (will teach me more about hondas aswell :P)

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Sure man sounds good. I've got a mech-mate out in Avondale Heights so I'm out on the west side occasionally (though personally I'm east side )

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 GSi Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by hitoriko View Post
    I work as a spare parts interp and im suprised every day!

what i suggest you do (this is what i did) find a cheap wreck of a car with a ****ed engine and learn buy having ago, get your tools and etc.. then rip a pile of junk apart and then put it back together, this way you learn what things are, where they are etc.. basically all push rod engines work the same just some do things slightly differnt

besides that a TAFE Course or get a parts catalouge (www.toyotadiy.com) - and learn what things are where they go etc..

and have fun! if its not enjoyable then dont bother cause cars only get harder the newer they get!
    see another reason why im posting this thread is because i cant rely on mates to help me out, they have alot of comitments etc with life and what not. so im looking for someone who is keen and enthusiastic in passing on what they learned, the net is cool, but im definatly a practical person, i learn more from people showing me, hence why i would prefer actual contact haha.

-john

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    jst go for the kill wats d worst that could happen? unless u plan to do a rebuild now with current knowledge not a good idea imo,
    i always do my reseach and i actually see it wen i go for the kill n thus putting theory into practice,
    but yea i started off with a headunit d.i.y then went to sound system then to full full servicing then into replacing engine mounts then waterpump it jst gets better and better with your skills n confidense not to mention patience!

jst start off with some diys that are basic but still require to remove bits n etc
    Last edited by SHI-FTY; 03-02-2010 at 10:59 PM.
    building up slowly...
    ________
    i < 3 JDM