Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9

Angry [VIC] Toll charges on Eastlink!

Riders,

Was anyone aware that there are toll chargers for riding A MOTORBIKE on the Eastlink??

Eastlink customer service claim there is appropriate signage! LOL Yeh Right!

So if u dont know, now u no
    Last edited by DA9B18C; 03-02-2010 at 11:27 AM.
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    wtf every melbournian knows the Eastlink is a tolled stretch of highway, just like the citylink; wtf it was advertised like a billion times, and they even sent you flyers of charges and shit and even had a temp store in box hill for information and shit and before the last 2 exits (blackburn and springvale) it has a huge blue sigh saying TOLL WAY AHEAD, should look at them it's very big and pretty and blue and fkin impossible to miss and i hardly think bikes get away with it.
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    OMG as if u didnt know and u live in melbourne.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    !EDIT!

Motorcyclist only.

keep your Flamming to ureself.
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Member Array
    Car:
    Liberty GTspecB
    why should a bike be free of charge when you are using the same stretch of road as the cars? It does say tollway ahead lol
    I used to have a EK sedan
    psn: w-_custer_-w

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    lol you have to pay rego on a bike to use the roads so naturally one would assume the same would apply to all rego paying vehicles using a tolled piece of road, plus it's under <$5 isn't it for a once off trip?
    Why hello there

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    i think he was not aware untill they sent him the bill/fine in the mail.. there is no need to get all emotional
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    lol Eastlink has always tolled motorbikes because it has 2 cameras at the check points which takes front and back rego plates, remember the whole hype about introducing front number plates to bikers just so that they can save money and build just 1 camera like citylink?
    Citylink on the other hand only has 1 camera which takes a picture of the front rego plates only so bikes can get away with no etag (i havn't been on it for almost a year now so i dont know if they have changed that so dont quote me)

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by m3ntAL_l2 View Post
    i think he was not aware untill they sent him the bill/fine in the mail.. there is no need to get all emotional
    correct,

im use to citylink, so of coarse im under the impression there was no charge.

so all u east siders that are quite clear on the rules cos u use it everyday.

CALM THE F@k DOWN.

this thread was created to make people aware so they dont get stung.
    wether its under $5 or not.
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    yeh citylink is free..not eastlink...they did have signs up on the freeway when they first started the freeway showing how much it'll be charged for cars, trucks and bikes...if they removed it then its pretty dodgy....at the time when i saw the sign i was thinking to myself..."damn...50cents to pass here on a bike?"
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    Black DC2
    what? citylink is free for bikes?? legally free or because of the one camera thingy?

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    legally free
    ModBox