Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B16a2 EG2

DC2/4 Shiftboot Install

The articles found in this forum are provided only as a guide/reference. Neither Ozhonda nor the author take responsibility for the outcomes related with following these guides. You do so at your own risk!

Aim: just doing a DIY Shiftboot change. In this particular DIY i will be changing a DC2 Shiftboot to a DC2R Shiftboot

Required: Phillips screwdriver, maybe a thick flathead screwdriver, new shiftboot

Steps: To start unscrew your gearknob counterclockwise and remove.

Now the shiftboot plactic is only held in by clips, so to remove i suggest grabbing the plastic piece through the shiftboot at the top, pull up abit the try to pry your fingers between the plastic to help get it out. Using a flathead screwdriver can help but may scratch your plastic.

The First time will always feel like you are going to break your plastic, just be careful and you should be fine

Once Removed, flip the piece upside down, on one side you will see 2 screws. unscrew these counterclockwise. then remove, you will notice the other side slides out of these plastic holding things.

Now get out your new Shiftboot, on the side without screw holes slide the metal ends under the plastic holding things of the plastic piece

Now Screw the screws back in through the holes on the other-side clockwise using your philips head screwdriver.

If you want to hold your shiftboot up to your gearknob without sagging down, you can use a bolt that comes with most honda gearknobs these days, screw that on your shifter now, i dont have one so alternatively i am going to use a zip-tie like so

make sure you have it tight and place it about half a centimeter under where the bottom of your gearknob reaches, be sure to cut off as much of the zip-tie as you can, if there is a sharp end to it you can damage your shiftboot

Now put the plastic piece with the shiftboot back in, slide in the clips at the back towards the center console first

then press down at the top into the clips

Screw your grearknob in and BAM your done

Heres my result
    Last edited by ASSaZiN; 03-02-2010 at 01:42 PM.
    "I love the smell of vtec in the morning!"

nice write up, didnt know u could actually just pull the shift boot out like that. i always remove the entire centre console lol.......

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B16a2 EG2
    just what i thought haha, then i noticed the clips
    "I love the smell of vtec in the morning!"