Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitorikos Civic

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    as stated im working within my means - plus who knows down the track - for the moment this is what im running - i understand the b16 is the best engine for modding but im not able to spend the money on a b16 engine and the acompaning mods perhaps in the future but not now

enough with the b16 pushing! :P

blah blah blah, same argument different day.

Why don't all us B Boys save up and get K swaps then.

Or just get the tape measure and our cocks out. hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    blah blah blah, same argument different day.

Why don't all us B Boys save up and get K swaps then.

Or just get the tape measure and our cocks out. hehe
    there all afriad they wont measure up :P

haha its all in good fun

but at the same time if everyone did there cars with the same engines smae parts etc.. what fun would that be

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i have done up several honda engines now including b18c and b16 and i have to say im actually enjoy playing with the D series

its such as challenge to find interesting combinations and what works and what doesnt ... im actually enjoying it as a project ... not really fussed about big numbers but i am keen to see what i can squeeze out of a little D single banger without spending big money or going with a turbo =)

good luck ... cant wait to see how it goes =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    I applaud the thought that has gone into your plans; and while I also currently have a d series it's seriously not worth spending that much money on the engine.

IMOA I would be thinking longer term - a year down the track you'll look back and thank yourself for saving up that little bit more and getting something better, that you're ultimately going to be more happy with in the end (and smashing those other d series in a drag race).

Good luck in whatever you decide!
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Hey mate, good luck with the build and I hope we can catch up when I get back and maybe do some work together.

I love my D16Y1 in my EH VTi (also front white!) but I have to agree with some of what's said above. Don't build the D, for the sake of your hard-earned cash.
    You'll get SFA from the mods you do to it because it's SOHC and when the engine dies that'll be money wasted. I know this because I've modded both my D16Y1 Civic and my B16A CRX and you'll get nothing but sound and looks on a SOHC. You'd see much better gains even in the D16A8 DOHC non-VTEC.
    If you want power in your D16Y1, just boost it. Even 7-10 PSi on stock internals will see nice figures and you'll certainly smash some B-series.

That said...I do love my D and would love to build it if I had unlimited cash, but I don't, so I have to be realistic. The SOHC D isn't supposed to go hard if it's N/A

Member Array
    Car:
    Want A Jazz
    spending 500 - 700 on a cam ($350), cam gear($100), lightened pully ($100) and timing belt ($100) isn't big money~!

you all seem to think im going to go nuts on this lil engine - im just making it more fun for every day and rare track use thats that

if i wanted a b16 im sure i could ahve found one, but most b's have been thrashed thats a fact.

but thanks for all your comments, and reguards to turbo - not gonna happen if i wanted a turbo again i would have gotten a s13/14 or skyline much more support here in aust and lots of different setups to get ideas from

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by hitoriko View Post
    spending 500 - 700 on a cam ($350), cam gear($100), lightened pully ($100) and timing belt ($100) isn't big money~!

you all seem to think im going to go nuts on this lil engine - im just making it more fun for every day and rare track use thats that

if i wanted a b16 im sure i could ahve found one, but most b's have been thrashed thats a fact.

but thanks for all your comments, and reguards to turbo - not gonna happen if i wanted a turbo again i would have gotten a s13/14 or skyline much more support here in aust and lots of different setups to get ideas from
    i agree ... i have subarus for my turbo needs =D

its costing me almost nothing to mod my D series as well and im enjoying it lol

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah that's true actually, you only need half the cam stuff since there's only one

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    for example ... my D15B7 Anti-Vtec Single Banger project at the moment:

D16a6 cam - $40
    Bisimoto Adjustable Cam Gear - $120
    D16z6 Intake Manifold - $50
    CAI of your choice - $100-$200
    Headers of your choice - $200-$300

stock throttle body is fine for the job, give the car a good service using Honda FEO oil and an S2000 Oil filter, OEM Coolant, some new spark plugs etc and it should yeild some interesting results

might go for a bisimoto stage2 cam and pro valve springs instead of the d16a6 cam tho ... not sure yet - than again the D cam is so cheap i could probably try both lol

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    What will you make ATW? 60-70kw?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    might go for a bisimoto stage2 cam and pro valve springs instead of the d16a6 cam tho ... not sure yet - than again the D cam is so cheap i could probably try both lol
    use them as drumsticks! lol

Good to see people that rock what they got

I've played around with plenty of things that probably weren't worth my time, the important thing is i had fun and learnt alot.

Moded 1.4 litre barina ftw!! That was a fun little project.