Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can't shake off the modding bug

The odyssey is suppose to be a family car, a baby carrier. At least that's what I thought it will be when I bought it.

Initially just to increase safety, brighter HID lights for night driving, better brake pads for stopping power, these are shortfalls from the showroom.

Then I had front spoiler added, front grill changed and for sportier look.
    was content for a while until.....

I saw a set of 18" work emotion XD9 with correct size tyres for odyssey. I just had to have them LOL. Now modding bug has bite again.

If THE BOSS is permitting , coilovers are next, maybe getting the rest of the bodykit.

and maybe a HKS turbo kit? LOL odyssey is gutless, really need some torque.

P1060287a.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060287a.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	13212  
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg hatch
    nice car dude
    eat the rice with your spoon

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    hohohoho, finally the bug has bitten another one, nice choice of rims! I'll be waiting to see your transformation.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    come on HKS TURBO RB1

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    HKS turbo is tempting me as well, at the moment my priority mod is air suspension.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

baboo, you are the hidden RB1 modder for QLD state.....

sounds like everyone eyes on the HKS kit. was told you have to pay for a HKS technician come over fm Japan for tuning in order to have warranty (told by a friend who installed that in Beijing). may be cheaper if he can do 3-4 RB1 in AUS altogether

Dan, can you let me know how much for a set of AirRunner when you ordering as i might go for a cheapo D2 set.
    Last edited by AusAccord; 09-02-2010 at 10:24 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    I think there is a shop in Perth that are HKS distributors. Don't know if they are HKS qualified techs, but they are really expensive and most of their cars are decked out in HKS gear..
    When I was inquiring in another forum some time ago, I was told that the HKS kit was for the Absolute 200 bhp model and not our 160 bhp engine. Also the gains were did not justify the pricing.
    Maybe you guys have got more up todate info and can enlighten me.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    Andy, a set of AirRunner is AUD$5000 delivered. I might go with AirForce because they have 36 way damper adjustment and much cheaper as well
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

GTAuto garage in QLD is HKS pro dealer now, so can tune HKS V-pro...etc

I think the turbo kit is for the 160HP model, only puts out 0.3bar though, rated 200hp after the kit. biggest gain is torque, you can always turn the boost up to gain more powar!!!
    http://www.hks-power.co.jp/db/produc...1001-AH004.pdf

Andy, you are not happy with the Ohlins?
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74

Quote Originally Posted by Atjo View Post
    Andy, a set of AirRunner is AUD$5000 delivered. I might go with AirForce because they have 36 way damper adjustment and much cheaper as well
    AirForce same as D2? Different brand marketing as D2 also comes with 36 way damper adjustment?

Quote Originally Posted by baboo View Post
    Andy, you are not happy with the Ohlins?
    i'm happy with Ohlins but just not able over the fxxking curb where i park when lower too much. i have to catch up the Dan's VIP style a set of airbag will do the job on my application.

actually not much to tune on HKS Turbo kit as the F-Con already pre-tuned on RB1 factory spec. HKS tech just need to check all installation and fine tune based on the conditions of the car and usage.

first dib on your ohlins!

I remember looking at TEIN, they have one with adjustable hydraulic style coilovers
    http://www.tein.co.jp/products/hybrid_wagon.html
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74