Meguiars trim detailer

About a month ago I did a massive polish/wax job on my Prelude with a couple mates. The car turned out great, but we got a little messy with the wax and forgot to properly clean the trim (really should have taped it off).

As a result I ended up with my trim looking like this:

I got really busy with work and uni, so I had to leave it for a couple week. Then yesterday I attacked it with just regular car soap and a toothbrush. That seemed to get most of it out, but still wasn't the color I remember.

After brushing:

So I decided to invest in yet another cleaning product; meguiars trim detailer. It was pricey (~$19), but the results are pretty self-explanatory.

Final product:

I've washed the car since, and the trim is still that nice dark color. I'm hoping it will last.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9, EG5
    so the detailer pretty much covered the sun faded colour with its own dark coat? how long did the coat last before you need to put another coat on?

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Eagle Wax (nano wax I think it is) doesn't leave a white residue. Great product and can be used on trims aswell. No need for more than 1 product.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

nice...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    nice, i like the Autoglym bumper and trim detailer. but its also around $20 for 350~ml

snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i used this product called forever black from supercheap auto about the same price and also did a really good job BUT! make sure you tape off your surroundings or it will stain onto your paint but a towel and some methylene spirits should do the trick *i think lol*

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    A towel and metho will eat at your paint........
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg5 si
    Metho doesn't do anything to 2pac finished cars...