Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ek4ar / dc5

b18cR modding advice

hi guys, i will soon drop a b18cR into an ek for street and daily use....
    I/H/E , clutch and flywheel,brakes and supension mods are definitely going 2 be in...

but before i drop the engine in i would like 2 change the camshafts to the skunk 2 stage 1's.....

what are the necessary mods needed 2 support those camshafts? does the compression needs 2 be lowered and does the block/ head needs to be port and polished??do i need 2 change pistons???

please advice me as im building my car next week....
    Last edited by davoh; 11-02-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    dont waste ur money on satage 1 cams, thats my opinion..........

but from what i know, the stage 1 cams can just be dropped in and retain factory head, but unless ur gonna use aftermaket ecu to tune the engine, they will be a waste

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4ar / dc5
    yes definitely ecu....am leaning towards hondata

also getting a skunk2 intake manifold as well...

do u guys reckon stage 2 cams??

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    if u have stock ITR intake manifold, i would use that, instead of wasting money for a skunk 2 manifold,

and the saving on the manifold, u could go and get urself some very nice toda spec C cams..................thats what i would be doing, and with a hondata s300, good headers, intake and exhaust, u should be a happy man....

yeah, i heard skip the skunk manifold as the dc2r is just as good.
    its a juggling act trying to piece together the best combo of parts within a budget. what intake and exhaust r u looking at?
    basically it boils down to setting a budget, sourcing the best parts with what u have, and then building it.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4ar / dc5
    im getting of a zer0-hundred chamber into an arc induction box....then 4-1 extractors and then the buddyclub spec4.....budget....lets say...i have about 8k to throw into motor mods....

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    How about a 4.7 FD (final drive) - Think of it as a torque multiplier!

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    How about a 4.7 FD (final drive) - Think of it as a torque multiplier!
    ah i took it for granted that he had the 4.7 fd. yeh, def get that. i'm pretty sure you'll drop out of vtec each gear change with anything less, i know i did with a 4.4 fd.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Just do all your internals. Stage 2 camshafts are more worthwhile, an adjustable camgear also, titaniun springs/retainers, maybe new valves. 3-angle port grind on your valves. After tuning that you'd see some great power gains.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Sounds like your chasing more power. Have you tried driving a stock ek with b18cR engine in it? Try just adding headers, intake and exhaust and ecu tune should be good to go.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    ^
    Actually that's probably a good point <lol>

Ran a 1.15 over the wend in my ek with b18c7 with hiflow cat and xforce catback. Running worn semi slicks as well. Not even setup properly for track
    the boltons and tune will be more than u need for street all the internal work is to wring out more power plus bragging right