Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    As above the stock engine plus good I/h/e will have your ek going like a bat out of hell

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by yellows2k View Post
    Ran a 1.15 over the wend in my ek with b18c7 with hiflow cat and xforce catback. Running worn semi slicks as well. Not even setup properly for track
    the boltons and tune will be more than u need for street all the internal work is to wring out more power plus bragging right
    Wow,nice one

it was a good time, but honestly, some decent headers, and hondata and tune with new semis should see it crack 1.13

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Meh,who cares! Ya out there and doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Meh,who cares! Ya out there and doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i like this man and you show a perfect example of this with your car

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Thanks Josh!!

The thing is it's a money trap ya know,and for what a couple of seconds,I believe if can 'let go' of that and just focus on having fun,the experience of tracking your car will be FAR FAR greater.

Just a theory

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4ar / dc5
    roads changed.....couldnt fine an ek for a decent price......will be going for an eg instead....will keep u guys updated on how things go....

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    Quote Originally Posted by davoh View Post
    roads changed.....couldnt fine an ek for a decent price......will be going for an eg instead....will keep u guys updated on how things go....
    Don't be disappointed about that!!..

EG's are lighter! (free power!)

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    And I think EG's also look a bit nicer too, smoother curves, not to mention if you wanna go B18CR you're more likely to have trouble getting an older engine into a newer chassis with the EK. EG is a little older

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    EG hatch ftw!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by davoh View Post
    hi guys, i will soon drop a b18cR into an ek for street and daily use....
    I/H/E , clutch and flywheel,brakes and supension mods are definitely going 2 be in...

but before i drop the engine in i would like 2 change the camshafts to the skunk 2 stage 1's.....

what are the necessary mods needed 2 support those camshafts? does the compression needs 2 be lowered and does the block/ head needs to be port and polished??do i need 2 change pistons???

please advice me as im building my car next week....
    are u looking at tuner or pro series skunk2 cams? they're worlds apart from each other...

tuner series stage 1 can work off ur oem valve springs and retainers and are fine to run on a standard tune. they're not that aggressive so while u may see some improvement, it wont be a lot.

pro series stage 1 are far more aggressive and should be paired with after market valve springs and a full stand alone ecu. since its ur daily, just use ur steel retainers as titanium ones do tend to wear over time. these cams are designed for the standard power band so imo, these are excellent cams for street and some mild track use.

a quick rule of thumb regarding skunk2 PRO series cams are:

stage 1 - 11:1 compression ratio
    stage 2 - 12:1 compression ratio
    stage 3 - 13:1 compression ratio

since standard b18c7 is 11:1, stage 1 is ur best bet.

anyway, u submitted the original post a week ago so i guess its all done and dusted. let us kno wat u went with and the results

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    what is the price for putting cam, cam gear and vavle springs into a B18 roughly?